This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation One intensity

Started by rafal, February 17, 2013 · 3 Replies · 384 Views

rafal

Hi,

 

I have a question regarding F1 intensity. In BtGB book coach wrote about Steady State training cycle to be the best training cycle developed for his athletes over the years of practice. As I understand, during this cycle level of work doesn't increase. So why in F1 increases in sets/reps are on a weekly basis instead of being constant within 12 week cycle?

I'm asking this because I'm afraid I'll stuck at some day of the cycle when I won't be able to do all required sets/reps with proper technique.

 

From BtGB:

Beginners often mistake the rapid improvements that they make in load/rep
increases as increases in strength when in reality their untrained physique is
simply becoming more neurologically efficient through practice. In reality it
takes a minimum of 6 weeks to see actual physical improvements in basic
strength. By constantly attempting to improve from workout to workout; more weight,

more reps, more volume, more speed etc. over an extended period of time, the
athlete will eventually, usually within an eight week timeframe, come up
against their current physical limitations. Continued attempts to try to force
the body to blast thru these very real physical limitations are fruitless as the
body's schedule of regeneration and adaptation is set and cannot be exceeded.

 

 
 
Christian

Steady state is now for intermediate trainees. Until a good foundation is reached the F1-F4 programming is the way to go.

FredInChina
rafal said:

(...) I'm afraid I'll stuck at some day of the cycle when I won't be able to do all required sets/reps with proper technique

 

hehehe, don't be scared, you'll be stuck!

What matters most is what you'll do then...

"If at first you do succeed, try something harder!" :)

Mats Trane

Be sure to pick an easy starting point.

I myself picked to hard of exercises to begin with when it came to Planch and ended up getting stuck on week 9. This was mostly because I wasn´t used to the volume.

 

Here is good thread about it:

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10204-if-i-fail/?p=98208