Swivels For Rings

Started by jwalker497, February 15, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,782 Views

jwalker497

I just had a thought - Do they sell Swivels for Rings?  If so would they be useful?

 

Just curious becuase I cam across the Perfect Pullup which allows the hands to rotate and thought that idea might be also beneficial for rings.

Finnbar

The rings will already rotate at least 360 degrees by the straps twisting. Longer strap will allow more twist.

Butt if you wans to twist them lots i a row (e.g. several forward roll muscle ups in a row) then I hear eyebolts are what people generally use to affix rings but let them spin freely.

As I said you should be fine as you are, I love the way rings spin during pullups.

Joshua Naterman

Be careful with that advice, and make sure you know what you are doing. I will not get into that explanation, you should consult an engineer for that kind of thing, or make sure you get a bolt that is MADE to be free-spinning AND has a working weight that is appropriate.