This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 081231

Started by Coach Sommer, December 31, 2008 · 8 Replies · 4,526 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20081231.jpg

Complete four rounds:

30 seconds of swings while in the XR support position (pg 73)

With no legs climb an 18' rope

is an example of a correct basic ascent with no legs. Descending with a Cirque is optional at this time.

notes

If you have no access to a rope, substitute 10 towel pullups in an L-sit variation.

Unless you are very strong, your XR support swings will be very low.

At this time, body position is more important than the height of the swings.

Rest 30-60 seconds between the support swings and the rope climb.

Rest 3-5 minutes after the rope climb before the next set of support swings.

Chris H Laing

I love these wods coach. Keep em comin :D

Neal Winkler

So, do I try and swing back and forth like on parallel bars?

Coach Sommer

Yes, but you will be doing them from a support on top of the Xtreme Rings. For a detailed explanation of the support position, see page 73 of Building the Gymnastic Body.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Chris H Laing

For ring support swings you try to keep your arms straight and perpendicular to the ground while only moving the rest of your body right?

Blairbob

Think parallel bar swing on rings. It's just inherently unstable and engages muscles PB swings don't really or do as much.

Chris H Laing

Ok thanks Blairbob

JaredLLL

I love these workouts..

sghetti

These WODs are like a slap to my face. They tell me I've been lazy, and there's no excuse. I promise to keep up with these and post about my experience.

The first three sets of swings I managed to stay on top. I just kept thinking to myself "keep the rings at 45 degrees." At times, at the peak of the motion, I would feel my arms bend. By the final set I was exhausted. I had to split the last set into 20 seconds, 5, seconds, 5 seconds.

We don't have rags or towels strong enough to hang from, so I used the ends of the straps and did the L sit pull ups there. Again, I really felt how out of shape I was. First and second set I had to push through them, but I finished. Third set, my mind started giving out. I say this because I felt like I had to rest a few seconds to finish that set. But for the fourth set I pushed my mind through it and finished no problem.

The whole workout was done to the horns and whistles of people celebrating new years.

Hope everyone else can share their experience as well. Stay safe everyone!