Tjenixen!
I was just wondering if it´s wise to implement wrist pushups to Foundation 1 since they appear frequently in the WODs? Or is it a meaning to why they are not a part of the foundation series as far? If so, how often? 10 reps after each workout?
Thanks
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
What Happend To Wrist Pushups?
Started by Vannux, February 14, 2013 · 9 Replies · 620 Views
I still do one or two sets of 10 if i've been practising handstands after my foundation work. Feels right.
Yeah that was what I was thinking too
. Was wondering if the wrists build enough strength by doing the Foundation work or if there is a need for doing wrist push-ups a well? Like if the Foundation series will gradually build enough strength in the wrist to handle all the exercises in the series.
Well I guess it wont hurt to do some sets of 10 in the end of each workout as you mentioned.
WODs are a more advanced workout than what we're doing with the Foundation series. They may come as mobility later in the series or I was thinking they might be a part of the Handstand series.
I think Coach would have put them in F1 if they were important for us at the level we're at right now. Or Maybe when Handstand One comes out we'll find that they're in there or something. But i guess in the meantime doing a few won't hurt us ![]()
Edit* Sam beat me to it ![]()
hehehe, I anticipate wrists push ups to be part of the coming F2,3, or 4...
I am doing them every day on the wall as part of my prehab stuff... it'll take more than 12 weeks to bring those b@st@rds on the floor! ![]()
.
I was surprised to not find wrist work in F1. Perhaps it will indeed show up in Handstand 1 or some other training product, but I will continue doing wrist work in parallel with F1. To me, it has very little to do with how much pushing strength I have and everything to do with mobility & how much weight I can bear on the fingers & wrists. That is a capability which must be built very slowly, and it is in no way in conflict with the F1 work.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was suggested to do wrist work pretty much every day...not just on days when you work something like HS or the like. You're not doing it to fatigue your wrists/fingers or any muscles. You're doing it to slowly strengthen the joints and improve mobility.
Why wait? Is there any reason we shouldn't be doing wrist pushups?
I personally have been continuing to start every workout with a Wrist Series including the stretches detailed in the video on Kit Laughlin's YouTube channel followed by Dorsal Pushups, First Knuckle Pushups, Wrist Pushups, and Fingertip Pushups. I do one set of 10 for the pushups keeping it at a light, comfortable intensity. My wrists are feeling better than ever, and keep gradually getting stronger and more flexible. I can think of no compelling reason to neglect wrist conditioning work while doing F1.