This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Correct Progression

Started by jakaz13, February 14, 2013 · 3 Replies · 203 Views

jakaz13

HI I just purchased the course - great programming once I got my head around how it works - very excited to work through the progressions.

 

Just wanted to clarify something but easier for me to explain if I give a bit of background:

 

My wife and I have been training  (lots of weighted chins, various functional training movements) and the like over the last few years so have ok general strength so we started our first workout per the 'getting started' protocol of going to the week 11 programming (book says week 12 but that is a deload week and judging by the HBP example given I think it was meant to say week 11 programning - just a typo I think unless I have misread!)

 

So I could hit all the PE1 'Mastery' for all the excercises (stoked!) but my wife, (due to having babies), struggled with FL/PE1 (could hold it for about 20 sec) but she smashed all the others.

 

So when we move to the PE2 'testing', does she attempt the PE2 for sPL, HBP & RC to see how she is trackng, then if she cannot make the mastery numbers, will she start from week 1 PE2 for the 3 excercises but stick to the PE1 for the FL

 

I just wasnt sure if she had to wait until we had mastery of the same level for each excercise before going to the next level.

 

Apologies if above doesnt make sense - still getting my head around the lingo!

 

cheers Jake

Cole Dano

Hi Jake, and welcome to the forum.

 

Yes you have it right. It can happen that all of the elements are at a different level along the way.

 

You also caught the typo regarding week 11. That was a test ;)

jakaz13

great thanks - good to see I passed the test - shows I have read it!!

Peekay

You don't necessarily have to start at week 1 of a PE if you failed the mastery test,  you might not need the full 12 weeks if you got close, so you could start at week 5 or 9 if that's the case.