This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Video Or Better Description Of Xiaopeng Forward/backward?

Started by Scott Richards, February 13, 2013 · 19 Replies · 781 Views

Scott Richards

Hi guys,

 

Just wondering if someone could give me a run down, or better yet, a link to a video showing the xiaopeng forward and backward (HBP/PE2>iM & HBP/PE3>iM)? I can't view the videos (firefox doesn't work for me, only Adobe Digital Edition).

 

Most of the others I've been able to work out/look up. This one has me stumped though!

 

Thanks.

Coach Sommer

No other videos are available.  You will need to use firefox to access the embedded videos.  If you continue to have difficulties, you will need to open a support ticket to requesting additional assistance.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Chaim
Scott Richards said:

Hi guys,

 

Just wondering if someone could give me a run down, or better yet, a link to a video showing the xiaopeng forward and backward (HBP/PE2>iM & HBP/PE3>iM)? I can't view the videos (firefox doesn't work for me, only Adobe Digital Edition).

 

Most of the others I've been able to work out/look up. This one has me stumped though!

 

Thanks.

 

 

You might try using AZARDI. That gave me the videos in xp.

Cory Fair
Chaim said:

You might try using AZARDI. That gave me the videos in xp.

The current version is now xp-compatible so Firefox should work fine.

Chaim
Cory Fair said:

The current version is now xp-compatible so Firefox should work fine.

How do I get the current version?

Scott Richards

I've got windows 8. I tried iopening it in a couple of different programs, but none worked for me. Opening in firefox just causes firefox to crash straight away.

Any chance for a description of this exercise?

Scott Richards

Not a silly respnse :)

 

And yep, tried that already. Even tried reinstalling it.

 

Firefox just stalls and takes me 5 minutes to get back to normal computer function.

 

So no one can even give me a rough description? There's not much else I can do in this situation apart from just skip the movement.

kasanya

You hold a dumbbell straight up above your shoulder to start. It doesn't need to be very heavy, it's a mobility exercise not strength training. Then you fold forward, running your free hand down your leg until it reaches the floor, and keep that dumbbell stable in exactly the same position through the entire movement. You'll have to rotate through the shoulder to do it. Then reverse the movement back to your starting position. Hope that helps. It's a bit difficult to visualize since its an odd movement.

 

Edit: I described the wrong exercise by accident. Please disregard!

Cole Dano

kasanya you are describing a completely different movement which is iM for MN/PE1

kasanya

Whoops! My bad. I wrote that at work and didn't have access to the manual at the time. Got my exercise names mixed up. ><

kasanya

Ok. Take 2!

 

These are basically arm circles, with torso twists, while holding a dumbbell. So, if you want to do a forward Xiaopeng, you'll start holding the dumbbell straight down beside you in your right hand (palm forward). Then you'll lift the dumbbell in an arm circle straight forward, palm up, and twist your torso so you're facing left. When the dumbbell is straight over your shoulder, you'll twist your torso to face right and rotate through the dumbbell shoulder. Then you'll complete the arm circle straight behind you, palm down, and return to the start position. When you're done your sets on the right, repeat on the left.

 

The backward Xiaopeng is exactly the same movement in reverse. So, circle back and up, twist, circle forward and down.

 

I hope this was more helpful than my first attempt. LOL!

Klaudius Petrulis
kasanya said:

Ok. Take 2!

 

These are basically arm circles, with torso twists, while holding a dumbbell. So, if you want to do a forward Xiaopeng, you'll start holding the dumbbell straight down beside you in your right hand (palm forward). Then you'll lift the dumbbell in an arm circle straight forward, palm up, and twist your torso so you're facing left. When the dumbbell is straight over your shoulder, you'll twist your torso to face right and rotate through the dumbbell shoulder. Then you'll complete the arm circle straight behind you, palm down, and return to the start position. When you're done your sets on the right, repeat on the left.

 

The backward Xiaopeng is exactly the same movement in reverse. So, circle back and up, twist, circle forward and down.

 

I hope this was more helpful than my first attempt. LOL!

 

This describes it better than I could.  The one cue I always need to remind myself of is palm up/forearm supinated

Cory Fair
Scott Richards said:

Not a silly respnse :)

 

And yep, tried that already. Even tried reinstalling it.

 

Firefox just stalls and takes me 5 minutes to get back to normal computer function.

 

So no one can even give me a rough description? There's not much else I can do in this situation apart from just skip the movement.

 

I don't always get to check the forums: open a support ticket or PM me so we can get this working for you.

Scott Richards
kasanya said:

Ok. Take 2!

 

These are basically arm circles, with torso twists, while holding a dumbbell. So, if you want to do a forward Xiaopeng, you'll start holding the dumbbell straight down beside you in your right hand (palm forward). Then you'll lift the dumbbell in an arm circle straight forward, palm up, and twist your torso so you're facing left. When the dumbbell is straight over your shoulder, you'll twist your torso to face right and rotate through the dumbbell shoulder. Then you'll complete the arm circle straight behind you, palm down, and return to the start position. When you're done your sets on the right, repeat on the left.

 

The backward Xiaopeng is exactly the same movement in reverse. So, circle back and up, twist, circle forward and down.

 

I hope this was more helpful than my first attempt. LOL!

 

 

And from Klaudius Petrulis's PM:

 

I don't know if this will help, but with

the xiaopeng forward, essentially you twist the db/weight behind you at

the top of the movement, then come forearm up.

pretty much you're making a circle, and at the top of the circle you

twist your hand doing a 360 which moves the shoulder. your forearm comes

up each time to continue the movement. you use your hips and turn your

torso from the opposite side of the weight to the weighted side as you

turn to get as much range of movement as possible.

it's a really weird movement, and I would try to find a way to fix your

firefox, because it's ridiculously tough to understand through text.

you're doing 3 movements at once in coordination.

 

 

Thank you both for your time :) Much better understanding of it now.

 

Cory, I'll send you a PM now. Thanks guys!

synchroGENized

So I'm a bit confused... the forwards is kind of like back crawl , and the backwards is kind of like frontcrawl? ...(but with straight arms) 

FredInChina

Yes! :)

Cole Dano
synchroGENized said:

So I'm a bit confused... the forwards is kind of like back crawl , and the backwards is kind of like frontcrawl? ...(but with straight arms) 

 

Watch the video carefully and note when and how the dumbbell rotates and how the trunk rotates.

 

One other noteworthy cue, the shoulder should be at the ear at the top of the movement.

Joshua Naterman
synchroGENized said:

So I'm a bit confused... the forwards is kind of like back crawl , and the backwards is kind of like frontcrawl? ...(but with straight arms) 

Not really.

 

IN both, the inner elbow is pointing more or less straight up when your arm is front of you,  and somewhat down and out to the side when your arm is behind you.

 

When the dumbbell is above your head, the position changes to accommodate the dumbbell moving from back to front, or front to back, depending on which Xiaoping you are doing.

 

You are always internally rotating when moving backwards over the head, and externally rotating when moving forwards over the head.

 

Do not try to force the rotation beyond what feels right, especially when going backwards (when the dumbbell is behind your head).

Klaudius Petrulis
Joshua Naterman said:

Do not try to force the rotation beyond what feels right when going backwards.

 

This is very good advice.