This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scheduling Question

Started by synchroGENized, February 13, 2013 · 2 Replies · 173 Views

synchroGENized

So I got the e-book today and am all excited to start tomorrow - the btgb book was wonderfull but way over my head strength-wise but the foundation course seems more my level. (yay!)  But I have a few scheduling doubts.

 

The first one is if it's OK to do a mostly 4-day schedule with the occasional switch-out to a 3-day week when the duties of life are onerous.  As in, when a crazy week comes along can I cut down to 3 days then bounce back up to 4 days the next week.

 

The second question is if the following schedule seems reasonable. 

 

Mon   AM  Foundation Day1   Noon 25 min walk           PM  1 hr swim (~2.5 k)

Tues  AM  20 min yoga           Noon 25 min walk             PM  1 hr swim (~2 k)

Wed  AM  Foundation Day2   Noon 25 min walk              PM  1 hr swim (~2.5 k)

Thurs AM 20 min yoga           Noon 25 min walk              PM  1 hr swim (~2 k)

Fri    AM  Foundation Day3    Noon 25 min walk, 1.5km "mobility" swim

Sat                                                                                   PM  Foundation Day4

Sun  AM 20 min yoga                                                      PM: 8km "put-put" jog

 

It works well with my schedule, dovetailing activities within my work-day and chores and will mostly be swapping existing yoga for GB, but I don't want to mangle my shoulders or anything. Note: my goal with GB is to enjoy the way the exercises make my core feel connected to my limb muscles, and to never ever have to look a nautilus machine or its ilk in the eye again.  If I end up able to do some cool stuff, great, but am not looking to pass beyond fitness fun and health.

 

Thanks for feed-back, Gen

Joshua Slocum

Looks fine to me. Occasionally lapsing to the 3 day schedule should be OK, but you might find that if you allow yourself that flexibility you end up defaulting to always being on the 3-day schedule, so be wary of that. 

synchroGENized

Well if the 3-day schedule is the one that ends up working I'm ok with that -  what I hope is to have a back-up plan so that the first paper-work blitz or other "emergency" doesn't knock me off track completely.