Full Rom Hspu Balance

Started by kyle, February 12, 2013 · 3 Replies · 2,861 Views

kyle

I am starting to extend the ROM of my HSPU by.  I perform them stomach to wall, using the wall to occasionally catch my balance, with books beneath my hands.  I tend to arch some as a reach a certain point where my head drops below my hands and it doesn't seem like a strength issue.

 

The question: When performing hspu is your weight supposed to shift towards your fingers at a certain point whenever you go down? 

 

Thanks in advance.

 

yuri marmerstein

no, the balance remains the same. 

 

As your shoulders go forward over the hands the feet need to lean the other way to counterbalance.

Keilani Gutierrez

hopefully there will be a video to help with this because it's always confused me :P 

kyle

Thanks for clearing that up Yuri.  I played around with it, and by adding more tension in the abdominals and lower back I was able to remove the arch and achieve the lean.  I'm looking farward to your book.