Manna Training

Started by SleepyHead, February 12, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,438 Views

SleepyHead

I saw this post from Coach a while back:



I tend to train mannas by blocks of time rather than for a particular static hold; by that I mean that my athletes will focus on the movement for 5-10 minutes, two to three times a week.


Does he mean 5-10 minutes of work time (that sounds like a lot), or is this including rest time? And does anyone know what the difference is between training them for "blocks of time" rather than for a "particular static hold"? My impression is that he uses a different method than the 60s of work time SSC, so I was hoping someone could clarify exactly what he means by this.
 

Guest

"by that I mean that my athletes will focus on the movement for 5-10 minutes, two to three times a week." That's pretty clear to me, but what he meant is that they will practise the manna for 5-10 minutes, it does not say anything about time och sets etc. I would guess that the same rules apply here, as they do when working the planche, when it comes to sets and time.. You'll find that information in the BTGB:book

Keilani Gutierrez

Manna is an element that will be mastered upon completing that portion of GST in the Foundation series. which im pretty excited about!