My New Stall Bars

Started by FredInChina, February 12, 2013 · 9 Replies · 5,647 Views

FredInChina

Here are some pics of my newly installed stall bars in my home dojo:

Solid Ash; the thing was delivered assembled; the frame is made of 1"3/4 thick (44mm) x 3" wide (78mm); it is 8'4" tall (255cm) so I can hang from the tallest rod and not have my feet on the floor (if I lift my toes towards my shins).

The rods are also solid Ash 1"5/8 (40mm) dia
Overall width just under 3 feet (90cm)

It was too large to fit in the elevator, so we had a good workout hauling it 25 floors via the staircase. (my quality engineer that was helping me nearly died of a heart attack on the 10th floor... :D)

IMG_0750_zps876ff40e.jpg

Detail of the brackets:

IMG_0752_zps61c71783.jpg

The electric wire I destroyed drilling for the anchors :facepalm:

IMG_0751_zps0d6417b7.jpg

 

Glad it is done!

(I just need to have these wires fixed, but that'll have to wait until after Chinese New Year)

Joshua Naterman

LOL! What a great story :)

 

Congrats on the new bars, those look really nice! I love the anchors, those are super solid-looking!

Peekay

I'm jealous :/

Cannister

Nice!  I'm itching to make a set myself - I just need to wait until my wife is in a good mood so I can get permission to spend the money on it! :facepalm:

Keilani Gutierrez

yes! my goodness, im so excited to make mine! I really need them to make a box bench for RLL elements. 

maleko

Nice. I will have to ask my wife if I can (try to) make one of these. I really need to make some parallel bars as well, because there's really no options around that I have access to.

 

Hope the wires don't cause issues before you can get them fixed!

FredInChina

LOL... we should have a subforum to address questions on how to deal with the athlete's wives... :D

The wires are safe for the moment, thank you for your concern :)

Cannister

I got permission from the wife today!  Hooray! Better hurry up and make them before she changes her mind!

TheLastCareBear

Fred how tall are you? I'm trying to figure out how high I should make my stall bars and be able to hang without my feet touching the floor as well.

Also what was the spacing on your dowels?

FredInChina

I am 193cm with fairly long arms (204cm wingspan).

Overall height of the stall bars is 255cm

Top rung at 242cm

Spacing (top of rung to top of next rung) 22cm

Dia of one rung 3.8cm

 

My feet slightly touch the ground, but it is okay.

 

If you measure your reach on the wall, and can make the top of the top rung at that height, you should be about good, even with toes pointed. :)