After reading a few of the topics here, I was thinkning of changing my preworkout meal, and adding a preworkout shake.
Now, for my preworkout meal, I typically have some type of protein, usually eggs cooked in either olive oil or cocunut oil, almonds, or else grass fed beef, chicken, turkey, or some kind of fish when I have it.
I used to eat toast, oatmeal, or potatoes as a carb source, but now I am thinking of trying out a green smoothie.
Ingredients vary in amounts and type based on preference, but basically it would contain raw carrots, kale, swiss chard, spinach, broccoli, blueberries, pineapple, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, apple, banana, oranges, and dandelion.
Again, the recipes use some of the above fruits and vegetables, in various amounts.
I was also thinking of adding flaxseeds to the smoothies, when I start making them.
My preworkout shake would include more of the above fruits, with the addition of either BCAA's or a bit of whey protein.
Thoughts?
