Nees Help With Joint Angle Math.

Started by Tavis G, February 11, 2013 · 4 Replies · 4,343 Views

Tavis G

Can anyone help me with the math from physics in the torque angle in shoulder and elbow for the basic fsp and iron cross. I have seen some on the forum but these aren't adequete enough to figure out my own torque force production equation. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Alex Chubb

Coach wrote something about this before I believe. Look up the "ape index".

Joshua Slocum

Show your work and identify where you're getting stuck, and you're a lot more likely to get detailed help. 

 

Torque = length of the lever * the force perpendicular to the lever

Force = torque/length

Daniel Burnham

It depends on how much you are able to simplify it. We could do it without considering joint insertions. Or you could do it just analyzing insertion points and angles of prime movers. If you want a real working model that will require a lot of work and time and will be specific to one persons anatomy though you could assume it would be similar.

I won't do the math for you either way but am happy to help if I have free time.

Daniel Burnham

The actual principles are pretty easy as hari showed. Though we refer to it as moment force rather than torque. This is technically more correct and what is taught to engineers at high level schools.