Hi all,
I have read a bit of info and noticed there is a lot of discussion on here about what to consume for pre and post workout nutrition. I read one of Ido's previous posts that had a meal plan where the post workout shake consisted of whey protein isolate, glycine and glutamine so I did a bit of reading on this. It seems many athletes particularly those concerned with gaining muscle mass use these products as well as other athletes.
I was wondering whether since a gymnast sticks mainly to a 3-5 rep range where the actual muscles aren't stressed as much as with more bodybuilding loading parameters whether they need to consume the exact same or quantity of products as athletes who develop more muscle mass as a more primary goal. I remember Charles Poliquin saying that he hooks some of his athletes to an IV that contains very high dosages of vitamin C among other substances for post workout. This is clearly a pretty serious part of his methods.
Maybe Ido in particular and others could share their thoughts on the subject or offer some recommended reading.
Many thanks. ![]()