Calisthenics Routines For Stronger Body

Started by Shimmy, February 10, 2013 · 5 Replies · 6,504 Views

Shimmy

I'm using a lot of calisthenics routines for getting stronger my body. This is one from the last friday.

 

3rounds
5x muscle up
10x dip
15x pull up
20x push up
25x V-sit situp
30x sissy squat

 

http://youtu.be/4PE506esd_E

Richard Burns

Nice gym! The bars are not high enough a little bit tho. If getting stronger means the ability of doing infinite push ups to you then this is a good routine i think. Do you do some skill works in other routines? 

FutureisNow

It's certainly good for conditioning because of the pace, focusing on strength maintenance and endurance. It may be difficult  to get a lot stronger ONLY doing this workout though.

 

What do you think about varying the exercise order each cycle so you're not wiped out for the same exercises?

Joshua Naterman

No offense, because I know you're having fun, but I'm not sure you know what strength is, OP. Your rep scheme is all endurance.

 

Have you considered looking into the foundation program?

 

Cool gym, for sure, but a lot of things need to change.

 

Pull ups: Focus on getting all the way over the bar. You look like a tired Marine. Focus on being able to touch shoulders, and eventually chest, to the bar.

 

V-ups: You aren't getting anywhere near as much as you should from these. You are focusing on spinal flexion instead of hip flexion.

 

Sissy squats: Those aren't the sissy squats I am familiar with. Real sissy squats are freestanding Natural Leg Extensions.

 

You're doing what the old-timers called "Deep knee bends," and you're doing them with a spot at the heel.

Shimmy

Thanks for all your replies.

Richard Burns said:

Nice gym! The bars are not high enough a little bit tho. If getting stronger means the ability of doing infinite push ups to you then this is a good routine i think. Do you do some skill works in other routines? 

Yes, in the next hall is high enough bar these two are for kids and routines workout. And yes I do some skill works, like workout for press to handstand, circles, routines on ring etc. If is this what are you asking.

 

FutureisNow said:

It's certainly good for conditioning because of the pace, focusing on strength maintenance and endurance. It may be difficult  to get a lot stronger ONLY doing this workout though.

 

What do you think about varying the exercise order each cycle so you're not wiped out for the same exercises?

I think in a few rounds of one routine muscles are not so tired and also you can psychically prepare for next exercises. Maybe if someone doing the same routine every day, it would be appropriate to varying the exercise order each cycle.

 

Joshua Naterman said:

No offense, because I know you're having fun, but I'm not sure you know what strength is, OP. Your rep scheme is all endurance.

 

Have you considered looking into the foundation program?

 

Cool gym, for sure, but a lot of things need to change.

 

Pull ups: Focus on getting all the way over the bar. You look like a tired Marine. Focus on being able to touch shoulders, and eventually chest, to the bar.

 

V-ups: You aren't getting anywhere near as much as you should from these. You are focusing on spinal flexion instead of hip flexion.

 

Sissy squats: Those aren't the sissy squats I am familiar with. Real sissy squats are freestanding Natural Leg Extensions.

 

You're doing what the old-timers called "Deep knee bends," and you're doing them with a spot at the heel.

Thanks a lot for feedback. Definetly you have a right, that pull ups were in second round a bit tired. I will look for some video of V-ups hope I get understanding how to do hip flexion instead of spinal flexion. And these sissy squats I saw somewhere, but yes I know typicaly they are freestanding (i was giving a try for freestanding version, but they are pretty dangerous for knees I think)

Joshua Naterman

I agree, I don't really like the deep knee bends all that much unless I move slow. I do like them for lower reps, like 10-15, but that's just me. I'm pretty heavy, and I don't do them very often.

 

Real sissy squats are pretty tough, if you ever decide to try them make sure to ease into the full ROM slowly! It will probably take a number of weeks, or even a few months, to get to where you can do them with a pretty good ROM.