Barbarians Bodyweight Strength Blog

Started by shiftedShapes, December 29, 2008 · 13 Replies · 6,654 Views

shiftedShapes

Hey the Bar-barians have started a new bodyweight strength blog:

http://pull-ups.blogspot.com/

we're updating it daily, posting the greatest videos we find around the web, and info on our training, upcoming videos and meet-ups.

This blog will cover all news related to bodyweight strength, but it will have a special emphasis on the scene in NYC.

Enjoy.

IvanPS

I admire his frontlevers. The one arm dip thing looked great too.

And the Rocky song really does give motivation for training.

shiftedShapes
IvanPS said:
I admire his frontlevers. The one arm dip thing looked great too.

And the Rocky song really does give motivation for training.

yeah I think he has wanted a one arm muscle-up for a while and is slowly finding ways to work towards it.

Gregor
shiftedShapes said:
Gymnastics World cup 2008 rings finals now on the blog!

http://pull-ups.blogspot.com/

I've watched this finals and I dissagree with chineese mark :arrow: no solid landing and kips to holds were to high so more deduction, I think Jovtchev should won. But competition was in china....

matthew.percussion

I thought the world cup finals were in Madrid?

Gregor
matthew.percussion said:
I thought the world cup finals were in Madrid?

it's not "world cup's finals", but it's finals from this world cup. evry world cup has a precompetition and finals.

matthew.percussion

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. =]

shiftedShapes
Gregor said:
shiftedShapes said:
Gymnastics World cup 2008 rings finals now on the blog!

http://pull-ups.blogspot.com/

I've watched this finals and I dissagree with chineese mark :arrow: no solid landing and kips to holds were to high so more deduction, I think Jovtchev should won. But competition was in china....

I don't understand competition scoring, but my favorites were Vorobyov Olexander and Yuri Van Gelder. Can you explain to us how the scoring works and why you think Jordan should have won?

Thanks,

-sS

Gregor
shiftedShapes said:

I don't understand competition scoring, but my favorites were Vorobyov Olexander and Yuri Van Gelder. Can you explain to us how the scoring works and why you think Jordan should have won?

Thanks,

-sS

I didn't saw Vorobyov and Gelder, I've just saw those three.

Why should Jordan won :arrow: I already wrote it.

ok, for easier understanding on rings all holds should be in the line, any deviation from that is deduction:

:arrow: If look at the simple cross: if shoulders are in palm height, it's allright, but if it's higher for 15° it's deduction (so very small deviation).

:arrow: it's same for kips :arrow: for instance a kip to maltese: shoulders must not go above cross shoulders height :arrow: any deviation is deduction

Deviations:

15° :arrow: 0,1 deduction

15-30° :arrow: 0,3 deduction

30-45° :arrow: 0,5 deduction and non recognition for element or bonus (no bonus from this year)

fall :arrow: 0,8 deduction (from this year is 1 point)

All elements with salto :arrow: yamawaki, jonnason, streched jonnason, gouchgi, o'neil (I'm not sure for last two if I wrote them correctly) MUST be without support on rings (supportless all the time). Support is deduction:

very very small support 0,1

small support 0,3

support 0,5 and non recognition

Dismount must be OBVIOUS stuck!!! Judge must see, that competitior is stuck and he can stand! Chinee made a step and the he didn't obvious stood still.

Gregor
matthew.percussion said:
Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. =]

Sorry I didn't saw, that was in Madrid :arrow: my bad :oops: :oops: :oops:

Gregor

I have found the second video with Yuri, Olexander, but it doesn't worke normally, it's stopping every second and imposible to watch.

shiftedShapes
Gregor said:
I have found the second video with Yuri, Olexander, but it doesn't worke normally, it's stopping every second and imposible to watch.

it's the first video of the post: http://pull-ups.blogspot.com/2009/01/20 ... rings.html

works fine for me, it might be your internet or youtube, so try again in a few hours.

Also thanks for your breakdown. I thought both Yuri and Vorobyov had better lines than Jordan. To me it looks like Jordan is not quite as strong anymore. I think I might just be spoiled though after seeing Chen Yibing do such difficult moves with no movement. Perhaps Jordan had more difficulty than Yuri though, maybe this is why he placed higher. That is hard for me to tell though.