This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 081229

Started by Coach Sommer, December 29, 2008 · 13 Replies · 3,970 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20081229.jpg

Embedded BL (1-2 reps) + row variation (3-5 reps)

Embedded PL (1-2 reps) + pushup variation (3-5 reps)

Embedded FL (1-2 reps) + HLL variation (3-5 reps)

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes

Perform 3 giant sets of each couplet.

Rest 1-2 minutes between sets.

Select an embedded static strength entry that is challenging, yet appropriate, for your current level of strength.

Select an exercise variation that is challenging for you in the 3-5 rep range.

kippy42

Wow....that work-out kicked my butt. The bridge wall walks are great. I'm feeling my age for sure. :) Quick question.....I have not seen any leg work in these first WOD routines. Am I missing something?

matthew.percussion

Normally I don't do very much leg work. I have unusually strong legs. But, it may also be due to the fact that a gymnast should be more focussed on the upper body work. If I make a correct guess I would say that we will be seeing some leg work maybe later this week or early next week. But, we will not be seeing it very often.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.

I felt that this was a really good workout.

I did

Pull to adv. tuck BL for 4 seconds (2) + Tuck front lever rows (4)

Press up to tuck planche for 6 seconds (2) + XR PPP (3)

Lower to Tuck FL 4 seconds (2) + HLL(3)

Three sets of each

I also realized that I need to work on back flexibility... :(

My least favorite

Chris H Laing

Are you supposed to do 1 set BL + row, then 1 set PL + pushup, then 1 set FL + HLL, then repeat for three sets each? Or do you do all three BL + row sets, then all PL + pushup, then all FL + HLL?

matthew.percussion

@Chris H Laing

I believe that your second scenario is correct.

Chris H Laing

Thanks matt.

Is there no wod for today (dec 30)?????

matthew.percussion
Chris H Laing said:
Thanks matt.

Is there no wod for today (dec 30)?????

In the WOD FAQ it says that the second week will go Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Though I'm not sure if this is every other week or just this week...

sghetti

There's no point to this other than to remind myself why I didn't finish this WOD. I went bowling in the afternoon with the thought of doing the workout at the end of the day. Well, when I started with the back levers, my right forearm was cramping! It just felt like my grip was going to give out. I guess it happened from gripping the ball too hard to give it a spin.

Chris H Laing

Coach,

When doing a workout such as this...

Embedded BL (1-2 reps) + row variation (3-5 reps)

... and you do 2 reps of the embedded variation, should you do both static holds of the BL before going onto the row variation, or should you do a BL hold, then the row, then another hold?

Chris H Laing

Haha wow. I'm dumb. Coaches response was an answer to a question i asked...

Ricky Dawson

Hi All,

I have only just seen this session (and plan to do it tonight as my legs are sore from some KB work yesterday) and was wondering, if i dont not have the access to a stall bar to do the HLL can you reccomend a sub exercise to put in here?

I do not have the room to do them on my door mounted pullup bar either as it is too low...

any suggestions would be greatly received.

thank you

Ricky

matthew.percussion

You can still do an HLL. Just a different, more difficult version. Instead of going all the way down to a straight hang just go down as far as space limits you to. This will prove to be more difficult because it removes your ability to relax, if even for a split second in the hang.

Razz

A tree branch could be possible i guess.. you could also open your door and put something so it doesn't move back and forth and then hang on top of the door.. its alternative but it should work :P