Rope In Apartment

Started by seiyafan, February 8, 2013 · 8 Replies · 4,779 Views

seiyafan

Is it possible to hang a climbing rope in an apartment unit? I have rings set up this way but the weight is distributed to two eye bolts on two separate ceiling studs, not sure if it is possible to do similar things with a rope. 

Joshua Slocum

Sure, it's possible. Get a strong board, and secure the board to 2 or more studs using lag screws. Secure the rope to the board using whatever method you normally would.  

Mats Trane

This is how I did it. Works great.

The problem with having a rope indoors is that it becomes to short. Have to go up and down alot of times!

post-90-0-71493400-1360353472_thumb.jpg

post-90-0-89757000-1360353705_thumb.jpg

seiyafan
Mats Trane said:

This is how I did it. Works great.

The problem with having a rope indoors is that it becomes to short. Have to go up and down alot of times!

That looks nice, where did you purchase the rope that has the ring attached to at the end?

FredInChina

There seems to be a gravity singularity in your place... :blink:

Cole Dano

Mats why the chain, when you could just use the carabineer? Is that a bike lock holding it together?

The rope and the attachment look very good, better than my hose clamps and nylon strap for sure.

gohei_

When I eventually purchase myself a rope I'm guessing it can be attached to the rings somehow, I sometimes put a thick staff trough the rings so it turns into an unstable pullup bar, probably won't be so hard to attach a rope somehow to it.

Mats Trane
Cole Dano said:

Mats why the chain, when you could just use the carabineer? Is that a bike lock holding it together?

The rope and the attachment look very good, better than my hose clamps and nylon strap for sure.

The hook of the rope was to thick so I had to put the chain through it and then the chain to the hook of the roof.