This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Als Im Twisting Squat

Started by Malcolm, February 7, 2013 · 9 Replies · 282 Views

Malcolm

I have difficulty initiating twisting squat from crossleg seated position but have no difficulty with any of the other mobility exercises in the sls section. I can manage easily doing it starting standing like the sls mobility exercise 3 and not going fully to the floor. Is this acceptable or should the exercise be mastered from seated position on floor each rep

E70

I'm having the same problem as well. What I have done though is sit on elevated mats to start the progression. As I have gotten stronger, I am lowering the mats closer to the floor. I am about a foot off the floor now, but when I started I was close to three feet off the ground. This may help.

FredInChina
eddie70 said:

I'm having the same problem as well. What I have done though is sit on elevated mats to start the progression. As I have gotten stronger, I am lowering the mats closer to the floor. I am about a foot off the floor now, but when I started I was close to three feet off the ground. This may help.

 

Did you mean inches? :huh:

RatioFitness

The only problem I have with this exercise is getting my man parts squashed between my legs. After every rep I have to untwist my legs and then put my legs back into place with my wedding tackles moved out of the way. 

 

I'm being dead serious here. 

Jon Douglas

OP- Try leaning forward a bit with your torso from the sitting position. I find that from there I can get my feet underneath me.

 

My issue with this was that every time I coiled down I went into twist stance. I ended up doing some 2x the reps I needed.

RatioFitness

You guys may interested to know that this exercise can be used to access mortality risk. 

 

E70
FredInChina said:

Did you mean inches? :huh:

Sorry about that, I meant to say that I started about a foot off the ground. Now I'm close to 3 inches off the ground.

Pretty tough drill for me.

Coach Sommer

The knees should be pulled as wide apart as possible throughout the ascent of this movement.  This should prevent damage to the "wedding tackle".

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

FredInChina
eddie70 said:

Sorry about that, I meant to say that I started about a foot off the ground. Now I'm close to 3 inches off the ground.

Pretty tough drill for me.

 

Ahhh, okay - that's a pretty good improvement in a short time learning a new movement pattern - well done :)

E70

Haha! Thanks for the tip coach. I'll keep that in mind for sure!

Hey thanks for the support FredinChina!