This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Too Weak..

Started by Crackalackahacka, February 7, 2013 · 6 Replies · 440 Views

Crackalackahacka

Hello,

 

I'm pretty damn embarrassed about this but here goes.. I started the prereqs and all about this time last year, but around July I had to stop exercising for whatever reason. I haven't done any exercise since so I am ridiculously weak.. like for example I did the 1st PE this past Saturday and my abs are still sore. For someone as weak as me, should I just follow an even easier set/rep scheme than the first elements?? Any ideas? Thanks!

Dieuwert van der Wouw

I am by no means an expert on this but I had a familliar problem when I first started again.

 

It is probably that the body isn't used to any exercise at all that is causing this extreme soreness. Maybe you could start with a 2 day schedule for the Mondays and Fridays and start with week 1 on every exercise and don't overdo it. After 4 weeks orso your body will have adapted more and maybe you will be able to try the 3 day schedule. That is what worked for me back then. Starting by doing every excercise once a week and very slowly increase the workload. And never train while still sore

Joshua Slocum

As Dieuwert said, you'll be pretty sore after exercise for a while just because your body is unused to exercising. If you work through it, it will go away after a few weeks. Just start on day 1, PE1, and you'll be fine. Make sure you're eating right and getting plenty of sleep, too! 

Crackalackahacka

Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking of using the 30s/10r templates for four weeks, then swinging into Week 1 of the 60s/15r template.

Nic Branson
Crackalackahacka said:

Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking of using the 30s/10r templates for four weeks, then swinging into Week 1 of the 60s/15r template.

That is a perfect way to scale if you need the extra time to develop.

Cole Dano

After you finish the 30r template might be wise to start from week 5 of the 60r template so you don't back peddle too much.

Erik Rissanen

Just telling from my personal experience, not any authority.

 

It does not sound like you are extremely weak if you did your sets and reps. But if you have not been training for six months, well, no surprise that you feel very sore. I have experienced this a lot because of a messy work schedule with lots of travel, and other reasons, etc, which has put me off the track for several weeks many times. When I get back, if I go full intensity, I get really sore. I guess there is no harm in that, but not really worth the sleep problems the soreness causes, so I just go easy on the first week. I know this more from weight training experience, so say that I would do a movement with 80 kg normally, then I would do only 50-60 kg and only 5-7 reps on the first week. That way I don't get uncomfortably sore.

 

No need to do several weeks of light training though. A week is enough. The second week I can ramp it up again, but maybe not entirely 100%. On bodyweight, I would just go for a light rep range. When it gets to feel tirening stop.

 

But I would not spend more than a week or two on this. It's not needed in my experience.