Planche Training

Started by Stoqn Georgiev, February 7, 2013 · 3 Replies · 6,141 Views

Stoqn Georgiev

is my training good half of my max series tucked planche hold total 60 sec my max 20 half 10sec 6 sets of 10 sec tucked planche

handstand push ups 3 x 8

dips on bar 3 x 8

psuedo push ups 3 x 15

planche press 3x10

3 x 15 wide push ups

core and lower back exercises

 

give me some tips and some other exercises that will help

i agree critiques  

Paolo
Stoqn Georgiev said:

is my training good half of my max series tucked planche hold total 60 sec my max 20 half 10sec 6 sets of 10 sec tucked planche

handstand push ups 3 x 8

dips on bar 3 x 8

psuedo push ups 3 x 15

planche press 3x10

3 x 15 wide push ups

core and lower back exercises

 

give me some tips and some other exercises that will help

i agree critiques  

It would be great if you recorded yourself completing this planche training routine of yours. I have serious doubts that can complete 15 proper pseudo planche push ups because I struggle to complete even just 5 repetitions (from my POV). 

 

Wide push ups and dips seem to be a waste of time because I didn't those. The push ups I didn't care about doing because I was only going for straight arm strength, and I wasn't able to do dips because I didn't have/live near some parallel bars. Only parallelettes :P

I'm starting dips now just to see if I will improve my planche and I will try to incorporate HSPU even though I did not do it as part of my regular training. If you can do 10 proper tucked planche presses (with straight arms, otherwise they are push ups), then I'm impressed! 

yosemite

Front and back levers progressions?  Is your post just a routine for planche?  Do you do any pulling type work?  Levers will help you achieve planche faster as they develop complementary strength and will also give you a more balanced overall strength, highly recommend training front prog along with your planche prog.

alempoli91

Hi mates.... If I am preparing Planche, the previous progressions, as Tuck Planche, perform 3-4 sets 80% of my maximum...or 6-8 sets 50-60% of my maximum???

 

Before moving on to the next step, how many seconds I have to keep the Tuck Planche (on the floor)???

 

 

 

THANKS TO ALL!!!!