This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

2013 Gymnastics Training Log

Started by Beast, February 7, 2013 · 0 Replies · 4 Views

Beast

Before I list what I did today, I know I know, I just winged it and Im working out a routine (tips are very welcome at this point) at the moment so I just did this. While I work on the routine Im just getting back into the groove and laying a foundation or working into building one if you will. I have been doing planche training 3 times a week the last few weeks, last week was just twice and this week will just be once probably, we will see. I got a pullup bar this week so I can actually keep a balance between my pulling and pushing muscles, hence the reworking of my slapped together routine. It was planche training 3 times, standing rollouts 3 times, leg training twice before.

 

WEDNESDAY 02/06

 

1 minute tuck front lever

8 body rows (overhand; back almost reaches the floor when I do these so theyre very horizontal)

 

:15 advanced flat tuck front lever

8 body rows (overhand)

x 4 (1:00 rest)

 

10 L-sit chinups

x 2 (1:00 rest)

 

Ok so Im pretty shaky in the flat tuck but this went away last time I did these so Im not too worried, and I forgot about a progression to work through, Ill fix that next time I go through it. I can do more body rows and pullups but Im focusing on form and in the case of the rows I want to tax myself a bit extra but still do well with the static holds. This is similar to what Im putting together for my routine for those that are looking to drop some advice on me. Some wrist and rotar cuff advice would be very very appreciated.