I'm not sure what exacly the problem is,but I'm getting chest pain from doing dips and it goes on 1-2 weeks after i've done dips.I can do 15 full dips on the P-bars and i always warm up and after the workout i stretch.I train sets of 10 half dips now,because of the pain.
Chest pain after dips
Started by Hivoyer, December 28, 2008 · 3 Replies · 3,483 Views
Are you getting the pain while doing ring dips or regular PB dips? How deep are you going.
I like stretching in the bottom in my WU besides doing upper arm holds and shrugs generally at the beginning of PB workout.
It's pretty common to get this discomfort, especially when first transitioning to ring dips.
Your chest pain is the result of exceeding your current range of motion and the single set volume which you are comfortable handling. For the next month, I would recommend performing 1/2 dips (or less!) for 3x5.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Thanks,Coach.