This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gray's Gymnastic Journey

Started by Gray, February 6, 2013 · 13 Replies · 41 Views

Gray

Nothing special here, just my trip through Foundation course. I will post some pics and videos in the nearest future. Feel free to comment and give some advice if you can :)

 

Ok, after buying fundation one i've tested first steps from the book. 

 

Warm up - 5 minutes of jumping jacks, jump rope, push ups, squats, etc. 

Then 5 minutes of diffrent kind of arm/hip circles, wrist coditioning,

 

The Workout:

(FL/PE1) / (FL/PE1>iM) - 30s/5r x5 

I could force some more time, but 30 seconds were ok

 

(sPL/PE1) / (sPL/PE1>iM) - 15r/5r 10r/5r x4 

First set was very hard and i've decided to start with week 9 of this excersise, so next time it'll be 4x12 

 

(HBP/PE1) / (HBP/PE1>iM) - 15r/10r x5

Very easy, and i love the mobility work added to this excersise, next time i'll try the PE2 of HBP

 

(RC/PE1) / (RC/PE1>iM) - 15r/30s x5 

Very easy and lat stretch was very helpful :)

 

After the training i felt that i still have some energy and i've done some FL and BL excersises:

FL flat tuck 15s 15s 15s 

BL flat tuck 15s 15s 15s 

 

That's my last workout, good to be here :)

Gray

Rest day!

So it's time for some stretching, "Relax into Stretching" style!

About 40 minutes of stretching in order: obliques-> calf -> glutes -> hip flexors -> hamstrings

Then 15 minutes od Tactical Frog to open my hips

Gray

Second workout with Foundation One! It's time for Manna, Side lever and Single Leg Squat! 

 

Warm up - 5 minutes of diffrent bodyweight exercises (jumping jacks etc.)

 

Main Workout:

MN/PE1 and iM: 5x15r / 5x10 r 

Easy to do, and my core had some very good workout thanks to PE1 for Manna :D I've decided to work on MN/PE2 on next workout ;)

 

SL/PE1 and iM: 5x60s / 5x5r 

Very taxing, and i've decided to stay and work on this to truly MASTER this excersise. I'll stay and work from week 9 on this :) Also, I love windmills, great stretch after arched position :)

 

SLS/PE1 and iM: 5x15r / 5x10 r

Easy, but i had sometimes some problems with rolling. I'll work on SLS/PE2 next time :)

 

And i'm waiting for the next workout :)

Gray

It's time for some cardio and light strength mainenance with kettlebels. I've used modified Program Minimum with kettlebells. 

 

32 kg Kettlebell 

Swings 8th rounds of 25:60 protocol (25 s of swing, 60 s of active rest). 

During the rest i've done the iM of PE1 from F1, just to grease the groove :) 

 

then 2 minutes of Turkish Get Up with 32 kg bell. Next time it'll be 3 minutes. 

 

It took me about 15 minutes to complete and after that i had looooong stretching session with the Relax into Stretching method. I feel that my hamstrings are a little bit looser! A little step to pike stretch. Still, I know that i have a long road before me :) 

Gray

And another training with FL/PL/HBP/RC!

Warmup - 5 minutes of different bodyweight excersises.

I've totally forgot that i should warm up with previous PE! :)

And main workout:

FL PE1 / iM : 4x48s / 5x5r

I feel a good improvement over here! It was a good idea to start it from week 9. And iM is very easy.

sPL PE1 / iM: 4x12 / 5x5r

This excersise only looks so easy! It' very taxing for the shoulders, but it also feels great. And i have a long road before i touch a knee to the floor without lifting a glute in iM.

HBP PE2 / iM: 15; 15; 7; 6; 5 / 5x5r

A big dissapoint here! I thouth that i'm good at push ups! So next time i'll start from week 5 to work on that. Every rep was with perfect form, no bouncing, no forced reps. And iM with with 2,5 kg weigth felt great!

RC PE2 / iM: 5x15 / 5x30s each arm

Yeah, my shoulders were burning after sPL and HBP PE but i've made RC with perfect form. But i need to work on lat stretching on this excersise, so next time, same step!

And after the training i've been playing with some FL and BL progressions and skinning the cat. I've been able to hold straddle BL for 4 seconds for first time! It felt great! :D

Gray

SL/MS/SLS day!

 

Warmup - 5 minutes of different bodyweight excersises.

 

Main workout:

 

SL PE1/iM -> 4x48s / 5x5r 

I'm workoing untill i'll be able to hold 5x60s arched position, then i'll focus on holding legs together. I've tried to flex the glutes hard and arch my body as hard as possible. My inflexible shoulders had some good workout too. No problems in iM.

 

MN PE2/iM-> 10,6,8,8,6 / 5x5r

My quads! I'm inflexible in this excersise and I need to work a lot on that. Main focus on holding straight legs, i need to stretch my quads more i think. Also I belive that iM will help with my hamstrings, after last set of PE2>iM i could touch my toes :) I'll start next time from week 5. 

 

SLS PE2/iM-> 10r x 5 / 10r x 5

Quite easy but i need to work on cossack position more :) And twisting squat seems ankward. I'll stay on PE2 till my mobility improves. 

Gray

 FL/PL/HBP/RC day! 

 

Warm up - 5 minutes of different bodyweight excersises 

 

FL PE1 / iM: 48s, 40s, 32s, 24s / 5x5r

Finally! I've felt compressed and very tigth in FL tuck position, when i felt that my position is suffering i've stopped the timer. For sake of my progress I'll move to week 5 next time. iM is very helpful.

 

sPL PE1/ iM: 4x12r / 5x5r

Shoulders felt better than last time but man... no improvement in Mobility. Maybe in next workout.

 

HBP PE2/ iM: 4x6r / 5x5r 

Easy, every push up was with perfect form, without bouncing or forcing anything. And Xiopeng is awesome for shoulders :) 

 

RC PE2/ iM: 5x15r / 5x30s each side of stretching

My lats and biceps were buring! Even when stretched :D Damn heavy but every rep was perfect. 

 

Without any additional workout after F1 training. I'm starting to feeling how this program works :)

Gray

Today i felt that i have a lot of energy so for an active rest i ran 7 km along the sea :) then i had some light stretching session. Main focus - straddle position.

Gray

SL PE1/iM -> 4x48s / 5x5r 


Still hard and I should stretch my hip flexors more to improve my arch. 


 


MN PE2/iM-> 6,6,6,6 / 5x5r


Damn hard! Quads weren't burning today, but... damn... this PE are kidney-punchers :D 


 


SLS PE2/iM-> 10r x 5 / 10r x 5


Little improvement in cossack position. Twisted squads were little more flowing :) 

Gray

Omg, long time without posting my workout, here we go! 

 

Easy Strength protocol:

Deadlift - 140x5 (not so easy to start ES), 130x5 (heavy,  but easy, i'll use this weight to start ES with DL)

Zercher Squat -  60x5x2, yep, 60 kg is for me :D

 

then

 

H1 training! 

Wrist Stretch - done

WP/PE1 - 5x5r - I'll stay here, till some strange feeling go

FKP/PE1 - 5x5r - ok, moving to PE2

WR/PE1 - 5x5r - yep, PE2 for me

FTP/PE1- 5x5r - and here too, PE2 on the next training

HS/PE1 - wow, this was... taxing in some way. 60/40/47/52/51 seconds, i'll start from week 9 with HS

HS/PE1<iM - 5x10s, great stretch! 

 

and then 

 

F1 training:

 

SL PE1/iM -> 4x36s / 5x5r 

Perfect form, still my legs were separated. 

 

MN PE1/iM-> 5x15r/ 5x5r

I'll stay here till my strength with PE2 improves. 

 

LS PE2/iM-> 10r x 5 / 10r x 5

Easy, and cossack position is improving! 

Gray
Let's do this! 

 

FL PE1 / iM: 4x36s / 5x5r

Felt very tight today and even tried some rocking during the workout - i'm tight even during the movement! I'm improving over here! :D No problems during the Mobility phase. 

 

sPL PE1/ iM: 5x9r / 5x5r

I feel stronger in those shrugs! :D It was a good idea to start from week 5 with this PE. But Mobility is not improving ;/ 

 

HBP PE2/ iM: 5x9r / 5x5r 

Last rep from last set was hard but without bouncing and forcing anything. Quite happy from the progress in pushups! :D And Mobility is super awesome, Xiopengs rule :D

 

RC PE2/ iM: 5x15r / 5x30s each side

No problem over here, i'll go to RC PE3 after the deload week :) 

 

And after the workout i've done some easy kettlebell swings with 32kg bell. 

 

Next workout -> First deload week training! 

 

Also i'm mixing H1 with F1:

- 4 times F1,

- 2 times H1,

H1 with MN/SL/SLS series :)
Gray

Deload week! Training nr. 1

 

 

SL PE1/iM -> 5x18s / 5x5r 

Easy! So there's some progress :)

 

MN PE1/iM-> 5x7r / 5x5r

Easy, but it's deload week and there's no place for babbling about it :) And windmills are awesome :)

 

SLS PE2/iM-> 5x5r / 5x10r

Done! :)

 

And H1 training

 

Wrist Stretch - done

WP/PE1 - 5x3r - I'll stay here, till some strange feeling go

FKP/PE1 - 5x3r - 

WR/PE1 - 5x3r -

FTP/PE1- 5x3r - 

HS/PE1 - 5x24s - like a boss, tripod :)

HS/PE1<iM - 5x10s, with elastic band :)

 

And after that Pull ups -5/4/3/2/2 from Pavel's Firefighter Pullup program

 

After training i felt extremely fresh :)

Gray
Workout from 6th of March 2013

 

FL PE1 / iM: 4x18s / 5x3r

I'm feeling huge difference in this excersise, but i must increase my spine mobility some more :)  

 

sPL PE1/ iM: 5x5r / 5x5r

Easy, and my shoulder protraction is better each time i'm doing this PE. Slow progress on iM, looooong time to improve. No need to hurry :)

 

HBP PE2/ iM: 5x5r / 5x5r 

Huge improvement in pushups, they feel much easier. But i must check my form because there's a possibility that i should lean forward a little bit more. And iM is awesome :)

 

RC PE2/ iM: 5x7r / 5x30s each side

No problem here, waiting for PE3. 

 

after training Fifrefighter Pull Up training -> 5/4/3/3/2

 

On 7th of March 2013 

 

Fighter PL -> 5/4/4/3/2

 

On 8th of March 2013 

 

Fighter PL -> 5/5/4/3/2 
Gray
9th of March 2013 - Deload Week Training

 

SL PE1/iM -> 5x18s / 5x5r 

Feet together! :D

 

MN PE1/iM-> 5x7r / 5x5r

I'll try the PE2 next session - week 1, perfect form. 

 

SLS PE2/iM-> 5x5r / 5x10r

A little deeper in cossack squat :)

 

And H1 training

 

Wrist Stretch - done

WP/PE1 - 5x3r - done

FKP/PE1 - 5x3r - done

WR/PE1 - 5x3r -done

FTP/PE1- 5x3r - done

HS/PE1 - 5x24s - better control in Tripod :)

HS/PE1<iM - 5x10s, with elastic band 

 

---------------------------

10th of March 2013

FL PE1 / iM: 4x18s / 5x3r

Each session gives me more control in PE1 :) 

 

sPL PE1/ iM: 5x5r / 5x5r

This excersise is starting to become my favorite! :D

 

HBP PE2/ iM: 5x5r / 5x5r 

Perfect form :) Week 9 over here! 

 

RC PE2/ iM: 5x7r / 5x30s each side

Waiting for PE3. 

 

-----------------------------

 

11th of March 2013

Fifefighter Pullup Program

6/5/4/3/2 

 

Between sets I was doing the Wrist Excersises from H1

 

Waiting for the first full time F1 training session. Arch Body Hold - here I come!