This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 081226

Started by Coach Sommer, December 26, 2008 · 13 Replies · 6,286 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20081226%20-%20large.jpg

Complete:

3 sets of a general ring strength series

3 x 10 Tick Tocks

Finish the workout with 10 Wall Extensions

notes

The general ring strength series should be the most challenging that you are currently capable of. For example; MU to fwd roll MU to 3 Bulgarian Dips to BL to FL.

Here are some sample ring strength series:

,
,
.

Rest 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets. If you do not need that much rest, you are not working hard enough.

Post your ring strength series construction in the forum below.

Neal Winkler

Looks fun.

Coach,

I didn't realize that you had been putting up the WOD's. Should I start next week and work one week behind, or is it ok to start today?

Coach Sommer

Either way is fine.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

matthew.percussion

Start today. =]

braindx

Hey Coach,

Would it be possible to not send anymore e-mail about the WOD? Well, most people visit the site regularly anyway so they see the WODs on the front page.

If not, is there a way to remove yourself from the e-mail listing?

Coach Sommer

For the next month, my preference is for all forum members to receive notification of the GB WODs. After that, the email notifications will be discontinued.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Brendan Sonnichsen

Did 3 rounds of:

Muscle-up

Forward roll to muscle-up (was only able to hit it in the second attempt)

3 Dips

Muscle-up negative

Tuck Back Lever - extend one leg at a time

Skin the cat

Tuck front lever

The rest was RX'd. Knees started bending about 4 reps into the tick tocks. Couldn't keep hips on wall on wall extensions.

sghetti

To be honest, I've been really lazy about working out after my school semester was over. But there's something about the WODs that makes me feel refreshed when I do them.

I tried the prescribed series: muscle up to forward roll MU, 3 bulgarian dips, to back lever to front lever. It made me realize how out of shape I am. I missed the first and second back lever to front lever (had to 1/2 lay to pull through), missed the third roll, and I noticed my back levers are not solid at all. I could only hold it for 3 seconds max. Should have tried an easier series.

I searched through the forum, the book, and Youtube, but I couldn't find how to perform the tick tocks. As a side note, tick tocks are on Youtube, but I didn't think those were the right ones. It showed little girls doing slow backflips (I know it's the wrong terminology, but I don't want to do any more searching lol.) On one of the posts they mentioned ticktocks and 360 pulls next to it in parenthesis so I did 3 sets of those instead. Really concentrated on squeezing my butt when going from back lever to front lever. My left elbow was a little sore from the inverted position to back lever and back.

Finished with 3 sets of 10 wall extensions. I just read it was one set of 10 haha. My rhomboids feel so relaxed it's amazing. My left shoulder rotates inward (if that makes sense) and this exercise makes that part feel a lot better.

I'm not happy with my performance. I will have a mini second session tonight of reverse leg lift headstands with weight, hollow body holds, and heavy dumbbell swings (for the lower back.)

matthew.percussion

Tick Tocks are basically 360 pulls but you don't go all the way down to the hang or german hang.

Instead you reverse the motion once you are horizontal to the ground. Front lever to inverted hang to back lever to inverted hang etc.

Blairbob

I can't remember what tic tocks are either. To girls in gym it means doing walkovers from a bridge back and forth. to real little kids it means doing 3/4 HS from a lunge and back to a lunge.

gymrob

Coach,

Just to clarify in relation to the Gymnastic Bodies volumes, for beginner/ intermediate will focus mainly on max strength through building basic strength (building the gymnastic body) and dynamic strength will be a secondary foucs (plus handstand and joint prep). For advanced max strength will be secondary focus and will be ring strength (all muscle no iron) and dynamic strength will be the focus (dynamic physique) plus handstand and joint prep.

So with this in mind, will a beginner/ intermediate athlete ONLY be using building the gymnastic body, handstand chronicles and liquid steel™. OR will they use all of the volumes but all muscle no iron and dynamic physique are secondary focuses?

Thanks!

Coach Sommer

Tick Tocks are on page 151. They are also listed in the index in the back of the book.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Blairbob

I think you hit it dead on, Rob.

JaredLLL

MU -> slow MU negative to invert -> flat tuck FL -> falt tuck BL, 5 sec holds.

Added 3 bulgarian dips on second and third series. third set i spotted myself through the transition.

I feel like i spend a good 10 seconds through the MU transition... and it never seems to get easier, who cares, its hard as hell and that is what is important.

didn't do ticktocks, i aggravated something in my back.. crummy.