This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tuck V-Up - Rom

Started by Michael S., February 6, 2013 · 2 Replies · 263 Views

Michael S.

I just noticed that i cant pull my legs in nearly as close as the athlete demosntrates in the video, in the top position to which i can pull my self there is a gap of around 30cm between my knees and my chest :/

Shall i just continue to perform the exercise with the ROM i got or back off until my flexiblity increases and then start a new cycle with better ROM?

Peekay

I'm the same, so i started at Week 1 and i'm finding my ROM improving with every session.

George Launchbury

I believe Coach said in another thread that if you're not able to do the mobility work with proper ROM to start with, keep working as best you can, as that is why you are doing the mobility exercise in the first place - to attain the mobility that you may be lacking. What matters is being to perform the 'Mastery' week with proper reps/ROM.

 

Logically this should be the same for the strength work, and like peekay said, your ROM is going to improve each session, so you should be able to perform the exercise properly in good time.

 

You could try getting into end position of the tuck v-up and then attempt to pull your knees into your chest with your arms. This will give you an idea of whether you would be able to get the position were you a little stronger, and you should feel where you are tight, so you can do some specific mobility work between sessions or as part of warm-up for workout B if you feel you need it.

 

I do some specific mobility work in my warm-up for workout B (glutes/piriformis stretch) which seems to help. I also note that if I make an effort to really 'suck in' my midsection while in the top position it provides a little extra room for my thighs. I guess my transverse abdominals need to re-learn when to get involved.

 

Also, I feel that as my ability to hit the balance point improves, everything feels a little stronger anyway. Almost like my body is resisting my attempt to get into a less balanced position!?

 

Hope some of this helps,

George.