This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How Much Effort?

Started by Tomas Johansson, February 6, 2013 · 1 Replies · 237 Views

Tomas Johansson

Many questions in the beginning, sorry.

 

This time, how much effort should I put into each mastery.

 

For instance, if I can master the hollow body hold for stated time using  say 70% of my strength is that ok or should I strive to use full contraction and not be able to pass yet, meaning using more force than necessary for the hold.

 

The hollow back hold is another example, as I see it it can also be performed with different effort depending on how much arch you put in your body.

pashamur

You should strive to master the exercises with similar form to the examples in the video. I attempted MN/PE1 (tuck up) mastery today and it felt fairly easy, until I realized that the fact that I wasn't pulling my legs as close to my chest as I could have, made it easy. When I fixed my form, I realized the exercise was tougher than I initially thought.

 

In short: your form should match the form in the video - so use as much energy as that requires.