Forum Thread Post Titles: Auto Capitalization?

Started by crashnburn, February 5, 2013 · 5 Replies · 2,467 Views

crashnburn

Forum Thread Post Titles: Auto Capitalization Issue? 

 

I was trying to post where the Title contained some FULL CAPS e.g. NFL and some iNVERSE cAPS e.g. iOS and the forum auto converted the Titles and Auto-Capitalized them - which is INCORRECT for the Words and Thread being posted. 

Cory Fair

This is intentional. The instances where members post in all caps far exceeds the few times an acronym gets incorrectly changed. It's ultimately far less annoying to see "nfl" or "ios" than "THREADS WITH HUGE CAPS."

crashnburn

:D I get what you are saying - I can understand the compromise. Maybe there is a script / regular expression that can convert ALL CAPS titles and let ones with 5-7 Letter Acronyms go through. 

 

Just a thought. 

emos

Is there any reason why the First Letter Of Each Word Gets Capitalised even when it wasn't written that way?

Rik de Kort

Because PHP has a nice function that does that for you. :P

Prometheus

LAWLZ