FritzMB, it works well on my mac with the following config: OSX 10.7.5 - Firefox 18.0.1
I have 4GB RAM
I downloaded epub reader addon so I guess it is the latest version.
I am done with Safari, long lives firefox ![]()
Started by crashnburn, February 5, 2013 · 36 Replies · 9,382 Views
FritzMB, it works well on my mac with the following config: OSX 10.7.5 - Firefox 18.0.1
I have 4GB RAM
I downloaded epub reader addon so I guess it is the latest version.
I am done with Safari, long lives firefox ![]()
That is good to know. It does imply that I have to (buy and) install OSX 10.7.5, get more RAM, and reconfigure my whole computer. I am still looking to see whether a more modest and quicker solution is possible. But, thanks for letting me know, anyway. I am sure that one way or the other, I will crack this nut, even if it will require getting a steam roller.
FritsMB said:That is good to know. It does imply that I have to (buy and) install OSX 10.7.5, get more RAM, and reconfigure my whole computer. I am still looking to see whether a more modest and quicker solution is possible. But, thanks for letting me know, anyway. I am sure that one way or the other, I will crack this nut, even if it will require getting a steam roller.
Maybe not, I was not saying that you needed this config; I was merely sharing what my config was, sort of giving you a fixed point in space.
I would say that if the version of firefox you can use with your machine can run the epub reader, it is worth a try ![]()
Cory Fair might be able to help you with the RAM size needed.
I have update the courses with system requirements.
Compatibility is still being tested with Android tablets but will require a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 minimal (usually 10" tablets).
FritsMB said:Hari-Seldon. Would you mind telling me which version of OS your iPad 1 is running on. Having found that my Mac won't do it, I am now targeting my wife's iPad 1 for this fabulous ebook creation (F1); her iPad1 runs on OS 4.3.2 (8H7), 24 GB storage available (memory not specified). Much appreciated.
Unfortunately I am using iOS 6.something, so I can't tell you whether iOS 4 will work ![]()
Cory, Thank you very much for the quick answer. That is all I need to know.
Hari_Seldon, thank you too. I can now look into upgrading the iPad to iOS 6, if I can't find a version of Firefox that does work with my Mac's OS X 10.5.8. The steamroller is getting smaller.
I believe that if your iPad is connected to the internet, it can update itself without having to be tethered to a computer.
Hari_Seldon said:I believe that if your iPad is connected to the internet, it can update itself without having to be tethered to a computer.
Correct. iPad 1st generation can support up to iOS 5, though it is something you want to google a bit because that particular update is known to slow down the iPad.
Cory Fair said:Correct. iPad 1st generation can support up to iOS 5, though it is something you want to google a bit because that particular update is known to slow down the iPad.
Oh, in that case my version of iOS is iOS 5, because I have a 1st gen iPad.
So Frits, you should have no trouble with getting your iPad to show the book if you tell your iPad to update itself. ![]()
Hari and Cory, thanks for the info. So, that something I will do, while looking for a download of one of the earlier versions of Firefox (the Mozialla website only offers the later versions: 17 and higher).
Mozilla provides versions all the way back to Firefox 0.8 (2004).
Open the folder for your desired version and choose from Mac, Linux or Windows.