This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation Routine Rough Draft And Questions

Started by Somalie, February 5, 2013 · 4 Replies · 356 Views

Somalie

I have just recently purchased the Foundation Series. And was looking for critiques in my Routine.

Also have some questions regarding testing for proper progression steps involved.

1. In the 5 Day/ Week example FL/PE1 is prescribed in a 3x12s manner.

In this example of sets for time. Is it more important the number of sets? The time for each set? Or a combination of the two.

Should I be developing a rep/ time and set based on a formula?. I.e. 30 Second Max plank means 4 Sets for 15s each?

I would like to start with the PE1 progressions exclusively even if it means going through ones I have mastery of in the PE1 Progressions.

I am also choosing not to progress ahead of PE1 in any of the exercises until mastery of ALL the PE1 progressions is fully realized.

So guys... How would you suggest testing and going about formulating a 5 Day routine?

Can the daily routine be done multiple times per day? Or would this be ineffective?

Routine:

Warm Up

Jump Rope: 5 Min

Ido Portal Scapular ROM Stabilization Routine.

Foundation PE1 Routine TBD.

Much help and guidance appreciated guys.

Thanks

FredInChina

I am not sure I completely understand your questions Somalie, because to me, everything you are asking is laid out clearly in the F1 document.

The only decisions you must make are whether you will train 3, 4 or 5 times a week, and where to start in the program based on your current levels of strength and mobility.

It is your choice to only follow PE1 exercises even if you already master them, but it may not be ideal.

Somalie

Thanks for the response Fred I decided to go back and read again. I am simply going to follow the 5 day example program to the letter along with the outlined warm ups mentioned in my OP. Going to have to find a wrist routine as well that coincides with my very beginnerish ability.

Thanks

Joshua Slocum

If I may make a recommendation: start with the 3 or 4 day program unless you have done strength training 5 days/week in the past. Suddenly jumping to such high volume could easily result in an overuse injury.

 

Try the 3 or 4 day/week schedule, and evaluate how you feel after a full 4 week training period. If you enter the deload week while still at high energy levels and not having any injuries, you can safely try adding another day per week to the next training cycle. 

 

 

However, if you are already used to training 5 days per week, feel free to just jump in. 

Mats Trane
Hari_Seldon said:

If I may make a recommendation: start with the 3 or 4 day program unless you have done strength training 5 days/week in the past. Suddenly jumping to such high volume could easily result in an overuse injury.

 

Try the 3 or 4 day/week schedule, and evaluate how you feel after a full 4 week training period. If you enter the deload week while still at high energy levels and not having any injuries, you can safely try adding another day per week to the next training cycle. 

 

 

However, if you are already used to training 5 days per week, feel free to just jump in. 

Agree!