This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Demonstrating Mastery

Started by aiken54, February 5, 2013 · 37 Replies · 1,939 Views

gohei_

How will you find the time to go through all the level tests? Just the 7 first progressions would be around an hour of footage for all the mastery sets and reps. That will be a lot of videos to check.

FredInChina

LOL... time lapse... :D

Sven Ravnstag

I have a feeling they've thought of this already.

 

I'm also very much looking forward to the rigor and attention to detail that characterizes this process.  It's an ambitious and worthy endeavor and I'm excited to be a part of it!  

 

F1 has been a bit of a reality check, but I'd much rather do my time and be gymnast strong than going around thinking I'm stronger than I actually am.  This program ought to be incorporated into some national youth training program...Imagine kids all over performing these elements in PE class.  Beats the heck out of foursquare.  

E70

So let's say if it takes you over a minute or 2 of active rest between sets, this would not be acceptable for total mastery of an element?

FredInChina
eddie70 said:

So let's say if it takes you over a minute or 2 of active rest between sets, this would not be acceptable for total mastery of an element?

Yes, that active recovery is built in the set; it is the Integrated Mobility part :)

Nic Branson

We will have details out for you when it is time...

E70

Okay got it! Thanks guys!

ausswe
FredInChina said:

Yes, that active recovery is built in the set; it is the Integrated Mobility part :)

Most of the mobility exercises take abou 30 seconds at most so it's not really the same as 2 mins rest.

I think the idea is to not rest except when you drink otherwise it's none stop or then mobility all exercises and sets back to back

FredInChina
ausswe said:

Most of the mobility exercises take abou 30 seconds at most so it's not really the same as 2 mins rest. (...)

 

Yes, you are correct, 2 min is not the same as 30 seconds :)

Maybe I am mistaken, but I don't think F1 calls for a 2min rest between sets; my understanding is that the mobility is all the rest you get between sets.

Christian

The way i do it is, do the work set, shake off a little, mobility, shake off a little, work set and so on.

At the seminar the response to how much rest was: "catch your breath".

Shouldnt need 2 minutes extra rest for that.

Cole Dano

It shouldn't be too long before the requirements for video taking etc are announced. Don't worry too much about the specifics before then.

ausswe

I dont think i'll be ready for testing mastery for some time for even F1 so i am in no rush =D but i was wondering would it be better to send in a video once you think you have mastered a specific part of the foundation or should I wait until i have mastered all of F1 before sending them in ? Also if for some reason i pay the money to get the mastery checked and then it turns out there is something not quite mastered do i have to pay again to get it checked later?

Coach Sommer

As has already been mentioned, additional details regarding mastery evaluation will not be available after the rest of the foundation series and handstand one are released.  Until then, please be patient.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer