This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pwilsons's Log

Started by Pwilson, February 4, 2013 · 2 Replies · 11 Views

Pwilson

Here I am a 25 year old man who has just seen himself let go again.  I have had issues with binge eating before, but never this bad.  The thing that was different this time was that I stopped strength training.  I needed to stop weight lifting because it was hindering my Karate practice (stiff shoulders, excessive bulk).  The thing I did not stop was eating like a weight lifter.  This new year I started off a 6'0" 200lbs 25 year old guy who should be a healthy 175-180lbs man.
  I decided to get into shape, maybe use those rings I had purchased and set up last year.  Go to practice regularly, and eat better.  I have been playing with the rings since the beginning of January.  Mostly I do typical exercises (pull up, push up, dip, and row), and I also do German hangs, and L-sits with my paralettes.  I felt very inspired about this new training last year when I bought the BtGB book, but then very confused on how to go about it.  I researched and got a better idea, implementing warm ups suggested by Mr. Naterman.  I felt improvement happening, but I still needed guidance.  Something to simply follow until my body understood what it was doing so that eventually I could start doing these amazing movement that I gymnists do that to me seem like the fulfillment of our bodies potential.  I went back to do a little more research yesterday and there it was.  Foundation One.  I purchased it today, and a friend will begin training with me this Wednesday.  Basically today is the last day I will do a basic routine and finlly begin a foundation in BtGB.

 

Ring Pull: 5

Ring Chin: 5

Ring Dip: 5

Pike wall HeSPU: 5-5

Pwilson

This last Wednesday was my first experience with F1.   Honestly it was not the difficult workout I was expecting, but man it felt great.  I have decided to start at PE 1 on everything.  My reasoning is that I have had a lot of flaws in my previous forms of strength training and whike I want the skills and strength now, I would prefer to do it properly.  I want not holes in my training or Strength.  The movemnts and PEs felt really good, and I felt my shoulders relax considersbly. 

    I am hoping to employ some rings and handstand work with my F1 training.  From what I gather this is ok.

Pwilson

Alright 4 weeks and F1 is going well.  I have altered my regular strength training routine and I must say I am feeling a lot better.  Two days out of the week I follow this routine after F1:

German Hang 4x15sec

Frog 4x15sec

L-sit 10x6sec

Ring Dip 3x5

Ring Pull 3x5

Ring Row 3x5

Ring Push 3x5

And then handstand stuff (1/2 wall HSPU and wall handstands)

 

On the other day I tone everything down and skip the German hangs (I was told to allow my joints time to strengthen.  On a positive note I have been unable to do deck squats until today.  I did some reading and tried to use folded mats in order to boost my hips into the movement a little, but it never helps.  Today I used a 10 lbs weight and was able do do it!  It was still difficult, but I figure this is a start.  I will keep doing these often so that my nervous system can make it easy for my body to finally do this movement.