This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 081225

Started by Coach Sommer, December 25, 2008 · 9 Replies · 4,073 Views

Coach Sommer

EoToS8bCOlc

Complete four rounds of the following:

20 circles or

30 seconds of continuous

40' of

Finish the workout with 10

.

notes

Go directly from bucket circles to Wheels to Ag Walks.

You may rest 2-3 minutes in between rounds.

Keep the hips so high during the Ag Walks that you are unable to see your feet.

Ag Walks may be made much more difficult by securing the wrists with a nylon strap 20-22" in circumference.

Additional information on bucket circles is available here.

matthew.percussion

Thanks Coach. Merry Christmas!

I'll do this one on Saturday when I'm back in the gym.

Probably only doing statics tomorrow.

Thanks again for everything.

tigerforce

Dear Coach,

Can you please post some close up pictures of the bucket?

I would love to know how it was constructed. How exactly is that ring made and fitted to the bucket please?

Many thanks

Alex

JaredLLL

Tip: if you dont have any frisbees, try a plastic bag over your feet.

Chris H Laing
tigerforce said:
Dear Coach,

Can you please post some close up pictures of the bucket?

I would love to know how it was constructed. How exactly is that ring made and fitted to the bucket please?

Many thanks

Alex

CFJ 62 has an article on bucket circles with some close up pictures.

Blairbob

At the hardware store, you can typically buy a bracket that has a ring going through it. Drill holes in the bucket and tighten them up with nuts. Attach a caribeener to the ring bracket attachement on the bucket. Or you could just tie rope to the handle ( I don't reccomend this ).

Neal Winkler

Any substitute for bucket circles?

Blairbob

we sometimes would do 10 swings in front, stride with right leg in front, stride with left leg in front, and swings in back support but this is on pommel horse.

Maybe 20 circle walks on floor, focusing on nice extended hips. You'll have to move an inch at a time.

Richard Duelley

I cant quite do Ag walks pushing forward like in the video (I can get 2 steps before I get stuck :D ). But I can do them pulling myself backwards. The comment on the youtube video states "The Ag Walk in rear support pushing forward as demonstrated in this video clip is the hardest of the Ag Walk variations."

So would Ag walks in rear support pushing backward be the closest progression? If not, what would be the next progression before the Ag walks in rear support pushing forward?

Thanks,

Ricky

Blairbob

I'm gonna take a guess at this:

1. pushup position pushing backward, feet leading the way.

2. pushup position pulling forward, head leading the way.

3. back support/straight leg crab walk pulling backward.

5. ag walk in video.