Video of my gainer.

Started by sasquatch, December 25, 2008 · 6 Replies · 1,954 Views

sasquatch

I'm not sure if this is a gymnastics move, but I don't know how to make it have good form either.

Here's the attempt... I can't flip to good with shoes.

Here's the landed one. Sorry for the hop after, I was happy. :D

kbryk

Nothing wrong with a hop after, great job! After training at a gym I lost off my 'balls' for the lack of a better word with flips. Gainers are a pretty cool trick, and maybe you're interested in some free running?

sasquatch
kbryk said:
Nothing wrong with a hop after, great job! After training at a gym I lost off my 'balls' for the lack of a better word with flips. Gainers are a pretty cool trick, and maybe you're interested in some free running?
Thanks :D After going to a gym it does make the ground scarier. I learn my tricks in the sand at the beach, so when I get on regular ground I can jump a lot higher.

I like some free running too, I mostly practice gymnastics though.

Blairbob

Sasquatch, gainers are a very common diver move besides being used by the girls off the beam as a dismount, gainer full being very popular.

sasquatch
Blairbob said:
Sasquatch, gainers are a very common diver move besides being used by the girls off the beam as a dismount, gainer full being very popular.
I knew divers did it, I didn't know gymnasts did it off beam though, I'll have to find a video of it.
Sune

One thing you can do to easen your gainer, is to think about kicking your leg up above your chest, if you only lift your knee a bit, it will not contribute to any rotation, and you are left with only your arms and your tucking to get you around.

sasquatch
Sune said:
One thing you can do to easen your gainer, is to think about kicking your leg up above your chest, if you only lift your knee a bit, it will not contribute to any rotation, and you are left with only your arms and your tucking to get you around.
Thank you for the tip. :D