This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wod Entry Point

Started by Nic Branson, February 4, 2013 · 15 Replies · 27 Views

Nic Branson

People are asking about getting back into the WOD. Considering F2-4 are not that far away should we consider deciding on and making a statement about when people will be able to start partaking of it again.

 

Adding that by gaining the basic foundation they will get a lot more out of the WOD then they were previously.

Cole Dano

I saw the post(s) as well. It should be Coach who makes the announcement.

 

Was L3 the entry point decided earlier?

Nic Branson

Definitely Coach's call and announcement. We were discussing it as F3 if I remember right. Could also just say more information regarding the WOD will be released in conjunction with the remaining Foundation modules.

 

Just trying to keep us on top of things as they pop up here.

Coach Sommer

- All talk of their getting re-involved in the GB WODs is premature in the extreme.  Many of them are struggling with the simplest of elements such as HBP/PE1>iM and SL/PE1>iM for example.  

 

- I doubt that I will make the GB WODs available again until F1, H1, R1 and M1 are all available.  This accomplishes two things; 1) it monetizes access to the GB WODs as access would be granted only with the purchase of at least those four courses  2) it ensures that people participating in the GB WODs will possess sufficient knowledge to scale the workouts appropriately.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Nic Branson

Absolutely agree, purpose here is to really make sure we all have the same message when people bring it up so there is no confusion at all.

 

I'd like to say the mobility failures are a surprise but sadly they are not at all.

Cole Dano

That makes a lot of sense seeing as WODs incorporate all of those Courses.

 

Would you also attach access to some level being tested or just ownership of the full spectrum of Courses?

Coach Sommer

I expected their mobility to be substantially behind; but I must admit that I am shocked that it appears to be practically non-existent!  How is it possible for someone to struggle to perform German Arm Swings?!?

Cole Dano
Coach Sommer said:

How is it possible for someone to struggle to perform German Arm Swings?!?

 

:facepalm:

Nic Branson

You've had too many half-way decent to great athletes and not enough desk jockies ;) . I've had people who cannot touch the back of their head or their knees.

Coach Sommer

- I don't believe that it will be necessary for testing to be involved with their gaining access to the GB WODs as long as they have ownership of the full spectrum of Courses (nice phrasing!).

 

- Mentioning this policy however becomes problematic as they will immediately begin agitating for R1 and M1 once they are aware that these courses are in pipeline.  As these courses will not be released until much later this year, I believe that for the time being it would be best to simply announce that how access to the GB WODs will be reinstituted is currently under review.

 

Thoughts?

Nic Branson

Technically the answer would be correct too.

Cole Dano

I've gone back and forth in my head about announcing what's coming further down the pipeline.

 

The last few days have really crystallised for me where you are leading GB Coach.

 

Customer reaction has also clarified this issue IMO.

 

As we all know the track record UP TO NOW has been very long waits, and people are a bit gun shy.

 

To steal your phrase, GB should 'Under promise and over deliver'

 

Holding off on announcing any product that is more than 6 months off is a wise policy.

 

The hints are there, people can speculate, but best not to promise and have people expect to be disappointed.

 

The Foundations One Launch was brought in on time, even with last minute work, and one goof ball trying to hold things up. It was the right call to get it out as promised. Let's keep that up!

Nic Branson

To add a bit, I think as results start filtering in with people putting in the time and work we will generate more momentum going forward also. Interest will increase and it will really start to sink in just how in depth the system really is.

 

Aside from impatience with long waits, it could also cause some to try and rush their progress to move on to the enxt "big thing" which is not what we're about at all.

 

I figure 3-6mo out would be the best announcing time.

Cole Dano

Sounds like a consensus.

 

I think the three mark is a good ball park to announce. Could be even less.

Cole Dano

The guy unable to do German Arm Swings was the same acting as an authority on mobility just a week or so back.

 

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  

Nic Branson
Cole Dano said:

The guy unable to do German Arm Swings was the same acting as an authority on mobility just a week or so back.

 

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  

:facepalm:  indeed