In the text it says "Do not allow the body to sag or arch", but in the video there appears to be plenty of arch in the body, or am I mistaken? I've always done them with a straight body, like in this picture:
What am I misunderstanding?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Erik Rissanen, February 4, 2013 · 2 Replies · 198 Views
In the text it says "Do not allow the body to sag or arch", but in the video there appears to be plenty of arch in the body, or am I mistaken? I've always done them with a straight body, like in this picture:
What am I misunderstanding?
In gymnastics terms Arch is when the lower back and chest are curved in towards the stomach.
Hollow is when the body is rounded towards the back.
The Gymnastic Plank is a hollow plank as shown.
The yoga or fitness plank has more neutral curves, lower back slightly arched and upper slightly hollowed.
To us the yoga plank looks to be almost sagging.
Also note in the photo you provided how the trainee's shoulder blade are more retracted than in Foundation One. This is a PE for Planche and we need to learn from the outset how to protract (spread to the sides) our shoulder blades strongly.
Thanks Cole, I was not aware of that. It's all clear to me now. ![]()