Hi, I would really appreciate if someone would compile a list of all acronyms used in WOD. I am sure there are many others who are having hard time understanding WOD description.
Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Alexander Kornishev, December 23, 2008 · 3 Replies · 2,194 Views
Hi, I would really appreciate if someone would compile a list of all acronyms used in WOD. I am sure there are many others who are having hard time understanding WOD description.
Thanks!
All acronyms used in the GB WODs are explained in Building the Gymnastic Body.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach, thank you very much for your quick reply. It was just a suggestion to make life easier for "slow" people like myself
. I do have a book ( I think it is great) and already put a lot of stuff from it to use. But I have to admit that I had to scroll through the whole book in order to understand what these first two WOD were about. PL, MPPr, BL do not appear in the index of the book and nowhere in the text. Until now I only guessed right BL (back lever) and someone explained that PL is planche (thanks!). I am still confused what MPPr would be... multi-plane press?
Thanks!
Yes, MPPr is a mult-plane press.
The acronyms are used for several reasons:
1) They make it much easier to post and comment on the WODs.
2) Their use increases everyone's familiarity with the necessary Gymnastic Strength Training™ terms.
3) The acronyms require people to learn their way around Building the Gymnastic Body; which I regard as a necessary text for this type of training.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer