This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Equipment

Started by Cole Dano, February 3, 2013 · 6 Replies · 25 Views

Cole Dano

Coach Sommer

- Providing equipment for home GB training is something that has been planned for, but not yet implemented as I wanted to focus on finishing the writing.  GB climbing ropes, heavy duty metal stall bars, dip attachments etc are all nearly ready to go.  I haven't pulled the trigger on these yet as I first wanted to gauge the popular reaction to the public release of Foundation One.

 

Cole had a chance to examine the stall bar prototype during his last visit.  Cole, perhaps you could share your thoughts on the GB stall bars with Nic and Cory.

 

 

Coach Sommer
- Current stall bar design is adjustable for either being 7.5 or 8.5 feet in height.  Heavy gauge steel, all powder coated in matte black.

 

Cole Dano

- The stall bars are the Rolls Royce of stall bars. All metal construction and indestructible, and Coach's price point is very competitive. My friend here Jukka also sells metal stall bars that cost more, and are not even close to as nice as these. Jukka will be mad.

 

- Coach and I have been discussing turning them into the basis for a complete system with various attachments which will allow it to be used for every conceivable Foundations related exercise.

 

- Based on initial response, I think we have a hit on our hands. There will always be equipment needed for any workout system worth a darn. I'm hoping we can eventually develop a full line of GB equipment a gear to support the program. The stall bars being first priority.

 

Nic Branson

Yeah equipment is always a must, just making it make sense and be affordable to a point. Perhaps blocks of some sort for the rolls?

 

I think if you did shirts they might also sell. Just an off thought there.

 

Coach Sommer

- The 7.5' height option was specifically designed to accomodate the average American 8' high ceiling.

 

- The 8.5' height option for homes with higher ceilings and gyms

 

- ropes (all black polypro, including the attachment hardware  :) ) come in 8' and 16' lengths.

 

- Full programming for both the 8' and 16' ropes is provided in F4.

 

Cole Dano
- T-shirs are a MUST

 

Coach Sommer

Tshirts are nice, but not a necessity.  Keeping track of the various sizes and stock is a major pain/expense coupled with a small margin of profit.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Cory Fair

If we had one or several designs, we could simply offer the pattern for a couple dollars (or free) to where members could use any service they like to have it put on a t-shirt.

Coach Sommer

True, but with such a small profit this is not something that I want to put any energy into at this time.  Perhaps later.

Cole Dano

People like T-shirts, but I see your point.

 

The positive things that T-shirt like products do are

 

- advertise

- promote brand loyalty

 

Maybe we can think of another less cumbersome product that will do the same things for us?

Nic Branson

Not bad ideas. Especially the sliders, those would be helpful for people.