This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stall Bar Substitute

Started by David Birchall, February 3, 2013 · 3 Replies · 345 Views

David Birchall

Has anyone got any idea on what to use as a substitute for these?  I'm a bit stumped.

 

I thought about using a sturdy door, putting my XR over the top of the door so the metal clasps are behind and then shutting the door so the rings hang at about head height.

 

...but I don't have a sturdy door lol

Cole Dano

Your idea would work well, IF you had a sturdy door.

 

For most of the Level One IMs you can hold the door frame itself.

 

Where do you hang your rings now?

David Birchall

I hang them on a power rack I have inside.  Which makes me think actually - I could move the arms of my power rack so they are on top of one another!  Perfect.  Almost as good as a stall bar if I had more pegs.  I might try and find myself some pipes or perhaps broomstick handles that will fit in the holes of my power rack.

 

Thanks for sparking the idea off!  Sorted lol.

whaleysa

Pipe should work on the rack, broom might not be sturdy enough long-term.

If you are able to use your wall studs for anchors ( not renting a home, apt., etc) you can make and mount your own stall bars.

(could probably adapt my example below and mount it to the rack).

Mine were less than $50 US (attached to garage wall) using a few pieces of lumber, PVC and pipe.

I found that 1.5 inch PVC has a bit too much give when a lot of weight is focused on one rung, so I put pipe in 3 or 4 of the rungs where my weight is focused when I do leg lifts, etc.

I can post more pics/info or a separate thread if anyone is interested.

http://codestrut.com/gb/stallbars.jpg