Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Using Desktop Version

Larry Roseman

Larry Roseman

The system sounds brilliant - like having Coach in a bottle.  :mrgreen:

But I haven't purchased yet. I know questions will be answered with the purchase, however like to look before I leap....

Mainly I am performing GST in order to get a full body workout 2x/ week currently for strength maintenance and some gains. I do like the idea of mastering the basics and getting a well rounded base from which o progress..

Will a full body workout be provided by doing the exercises 2x/week or will an additional workouts be required in order to hit the missing muscles?

If I use the desktop version how do I easily refer to the exercises and videos while working out? It's virtually impossible unless the computer is in the same room, no?

Curious if it can run on an older Ipod2 from ebay?  If the system is bought for desktop will the version be provided for this as well?

How do I self check form? Are mirrors required? Do I need to record myself and compare to the videos? 

How much time per workout is estimated, and how many days per week?

Is performing it 2x/week, distance running 2x/week and doing BJJ or playing tennis 1-2x/week feasible (5-6x / week total)  - or is it meant to be a dedicated program to the exclusion of everything else run 4x/week? 

I appreciate that this system has succeeded before but has it been proven to work for mature adults who never would have been chosen for an elite gymnastic program even as children, let alone as adults? 

Joshua Slocum

The system sounds brilliant - like having Coach in a bottle.  :mrgreen:

But I haven't purchased yet. I know questions will be answered with the purchase, however like to look before I leap....

Mainly I am performing GST in order to get a full body workout 2x/ week currently for strength maintenance and some gains. Will a full body workout be provided by doing the exercises 2x/week or will an additional workouts be required in order to hit the missing muscles?

Programming is provided for 3x,4x and 5x per week scheduling. However, it uses a training split, so you may be able to 'squash' the four-day program into a two-day program with two intense days. 

If I use the desktop version how do I easily refer to the exercises and videos while working out? It's virtually impossible unless the computer is in the same room, no?

Yup, pretty much. After the first week in a training cycle you'll probably have gotten to the point where you don't need a reference anymore, though, and the cycles are many weeks long so you shouldn't be spending much of your time at the computer.

Curious if it can run on an older Ipod2 from ebay?  If the system is bought for desktop will the version be provided for this as well?

Cole has said you can get different versions of the book if you want. 

How do I self check form? Do I need to record myself and compare to the videos? 

Self-checking form is done by taking a video. 

How much time per workout is estimated, and how many days per week?

Each scheduled workout will take between 20 and 40 minutes, depending on where in the training cycle you are and what the prescribed hold/rep time for the skills is (5x60s of a skill is going to take a lot longer than 3x5 reps). Earlier exercises tend to take longer because they are higher rep/hold time exercises. 

Is performing it 2x/week, distance running 2x/week and doing BJJ or playing tennis 1-2x/week feasible (5-6x / week total)  - or is it meant to be a dedicated program to the exclusion of everything else run 4x/week? 

The programming is given for 3x, 4x and 5x/week. The programming uses a training split (different exercises on different days), so if you want to you could try to 'squash' the 4x/week training into 2 days a week. It'd probably be better though to just do the 3x/week, and combine the third day with some other activity since it doesn't take that long. 

Larry Roseman

Thanks buddy!  :)

From what I gather 1-4 will cover the same exercises but at more difficult levels, more advanced progressions.

So Foundations 1 is like level 1, 2 is level 2, etc - would you say?

Do you think it amounts to a full body workout 2x week or one would need to add additional exercises.

I get your point about  combining days. If it's a 30-40 minute job could probably do it the same day as running (2x)

and could find another day am sure and manage the 3x/week programming.

Joshua Slocum

Yeah, it's definitely a full-body workout. 

F1-4 will take you from nothing to mastery of the seven fundamental exercises. They're not just harder and harder progressions of the same exercise. Given the breadth of F1, it looks to be an extremely comprehensive program. Without being able to see F2-4 yet, it's hard to say exactly what they'll contain though. 

• Upvote 1