Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foundation Is Live: Important Information About Purchasing The Course

Scott Malin

With respect to video evaluation for certification, should I be videoing each step of the way? Including as I find my working level?

With respect to video evaluation for certification, should I be videoing each step of the way? Including as I find my working level?

Take a look at the Strength Chart in the book. For certification at L,5 would submit video(s) of yourself doing each of the elements and the integrated mobility for the required number of repetitions. There will be more specific into coming soon, but you don't need to worry about filing yourself all the time.

• Upvote 1

iPad 2 with updated iOS.

Ok, just so your issue doesn't get lost in this thread, go ahead and submit a support request and describe the problem in detail there.

To submit the request click your user name at the top of the page, and then on Support on the left menu.

Ok, just so your issue doesn't get lost in this thread, go ahead and submit a support request and describe the problem in detail there.

To submit the request click your user name at the top of the page, and then on Support on the left menu.

I'm going to attempt to reinstall it first and then if I still have the same issues, I'll submit the request. Thanks. 

Parkerson Seward

if i have a macbook pro should i get the desktop edition or iPhone/ipad edition? 

I have the same question. I assume it would be the iOS version?

Antonio Boyer

i didn't get a download link either. is one supposed to come in an email? i got an email from paypal confirming my purchase but not one from gymnastic bodies 

• Upvote 1

Stefan Hinote

i didn't get a download link either. is one supposed to come in an email? i got an email from paypal confirming my purchase but not one from gymnastic bodies 

Check the email account you used to register your Gymnastic Bodies account with.

Antonio Boyer

Check the email account you used to register your Gymnastic Bodies account with.

im pretty sure its the same one. i just got an email on it saying you quoted me. 

Dang, just how long did you guys wait for this email? I'm at 8 minutes. Talk about anticlimactic.

EDIT: nevermind, I got it. patience is a virtue.

Most places with this type of download technology make you wait 1-2 hours for a download…8 minutes is nothing.

FYI guys I am not checking this thread, open up a support ticket.

Larry Roseman

Everyone should start with Foundation One; in addition to strength requirements there are also a huge range of integrated mobility requirements that must be met as well.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Are all of the 7 fundamentals covered in "1" and can you post a "table of contents" to provide an idea of what is covered - without giving anything away to those with nefarious intentions? I did read the product purchase description but am looking for something with a little more detail.

Do we need to be tested in order to progress to the next book, or just to receive a profile rank? Will that increasing ranks be provided by completing each book or only at the end?

If this has been covered, anyone please feel free to refer me to the answers.

Thanks much ...

Michal Taszycki

Wow! This is golden.

There is simply no comparison to the original BtGB book.

This is easy to follow, complete step by step process with great videos and marvelous explanations. I love it and can't wait to start tomorrow.

I have only two questions.

1. I assume that it is to be expected to have different level of mastery in different exercises. For example to have workout containing FL/PE1 but sPL/PE4 and HBP/PE2. Is this correct?

2. If my mastery level of exercise (say FL/PE3) does not match mastery level of mobility (FL/PE1) should I:

a. advance in exercise but continue mobility? e.g. FL/PE3 and FL/PE1>iM

b. keep exercise and mobility in sync until I master the mobility part? e.g. FL/PE1 and FL/PE1>iM

Everything else is clearly explained and easy to follow.

Thanks again Coach.

- Yes, most people will progress thru the seven GST Fundamentals at different rates.

- No, you should not progress onward until BOTH the element and it's assigned integrated mobility are mastered.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Slocum

- No, you should not progress onward until BOTH the element and it's assigned integrated mobility are mastered.

The mastery section of the book only seems to cover preparatory exercises (e.g. you need to perform a prescribed amount of reps/hold time for the prescribed number of sets). What is the recommended way to ascertain whether one has mastered a mobility movement? Take a video and compare one's ROM to that of the athlete in the example video? 

That's the easiest way to do it. There may be some slight variance due to individual nuances but you should be similar for the required time / reps.

Michael Traynor

This stuff is amazing, I add my huge gratitude to you all. My workouts are going to be considerably shorter though, but that will change as more things get released in a month or so. (can't wait)

Quick question which I can probably answer with common sense, but hey ho...

For the most part I am doing the hardest variations and i have attained the mastery levels in the areas up to (and past) what this first instalment covers.

As I find HBP/PE3 harder than HBP/PEs4,5,6, Is it best to work these along with accompanying PE>iM or should I stick with the hardest variations and trust that my body will be getting stronger although it feels easier?

• Upvote 1

Does anybody else have trouble reading it on their iPhone?  Mine splits it into an open book, that's difficult to read.  Is this just an iPhone setting?

Found out you can zoom in and see just one page at a time with a little jog to go to the next page.

If you cannot complete a level regress and master it. Then recheck the following ones. That missed step will bite you later on.

Mitchell Rabushka

Hello Coach,

This is awesome.

Please let me know if Foundation One starts out with the very basics like the pre-FSP's talked about on this forum such as:

1. Plank

2. Reverse Plank

3. Hollow

4. Superman

5. Top of Dip Hold

6.  Chin Up Hang

Or does Foundation One assume you already mastered these very basic starter exercises?  Or does Foundation One progress you through the GST fundamentals without having first mastered the pre-FSP's?

Thank you.

Mitch

• Upvote 1

Hello Coach,

This is awesome.

Please let me know if Foundation One starts out with the very basics like the pre-FSP's talked about on this forum such as:

1. Plank

2. Reverse Plank

3. Hollow

4. Superman

5. Top of Dip Hold

6.  Chin Up Hang

Or does Foundation One assume you already mastered these very basic starter exercises?  Or does Foundation One progress you through the GST fundamentals without having first mastered the pre-FSP's?

Thank you.

Mitch

Yes, the foundation one has stuff like that. The pre-requisites. 

Okay I'm having trouble, I downloaded the dekstop version, installed Firefox and epub-reader, but I can't even open the file in Firefox? It just opens the zip file in winrar. What am I doing wrong?

To open Foundation One in Firefox:

- Click File in the menu bar

- Click Open

- Navigate to where you downloaded F1

- enjoy

I got it working. All I had to do was to change the .zip ending to .epub.

But now I have already sent a support mail to Cory, is there a way to delete that?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it. So happy now.

Excellent! Glad you found the fix.