Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foundation Is Live: Important Information About Purchasing The Course

Scott Malin

Hello I have a question regarding the courses. It would be nice to have some information regarding what "level" each course starts at. Seeing as everyone is on different fitness levels it would be nice to have some information regarding this. Something like "before you start course 2 you should be able to complete 30 sek l-seat, 3 muscle ups and 10 pullups etc etc" so that one have a better idea of what course to start at. I hope that I made my self clear of what I meant.

Thanks for all the hard work that continues going in to the website and material.

For anyone curios about where the download link is: it will go to the email you have registered with the GB forum. I kept checking the email that my receipt went to without getting anything. But it had come to my GB forum email almost instantly.

What was the title of the email?

Hello I have a question regarding the courses. It would be nice to have some information regarding what "level" each course starts at. Seeing as everyone is on different fitness levels it would be nice to have some information regarding this. Something like "before you start course 2 you should be able to complete 30 sek l-seat, 3 muscle ups and 10 pullups etc etc" so that one have a better idea of what course to start at. I hope that I made my self clear of what I meant.

Thanks for all the hard work that continues going in to the website and material.

Everyone should start with Foundation One; in addition to strength requirements there are also a huge range of integrated mobility requirements that must be met as well.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach, spent quite a while and went through a few iterations on how to present the GB curriculum. He originally intended to put it out it in book form similar to BtGB. However, he realised that with it's flexibility and multimedia capabilities, an ebook was much better suited to the task.

Hence the decision to abandon the Second Edition (the first edition is still the premier introduction to Gymnastic Strength Training™) and create a still more extensive and detailed program, The Foundation Series.

So to answer your question, The Foundation Series is a vastly improved expansion of the idea behind the second edition.

So which is the premiere introduction to Gymnastic Strength Training™? The older BTGB or the new Foundation Series...  Seems like that would only add to the confusion as one appears to replace and/or integrate the other.

• Upvote 1

Michael Miskelly

I have an android tablet, does anyone know if I will be able to run the desktop version on it? Only apple product I have is my phone so not sure what version to buy

Very cool products Coach and GB creators! So how many copies would we have? Would I be able to download it on multiple computers without buying duplicates?

I have an android tablet, does anyone know if I will be able to run the desktop version on it? Only apple product I have is my phone so not sure what version to buy

Android tablet is spotty because not all ebook readers support video. It will be forthcoming in any event. Go with the Apple one for now it looks awesome on iOS. You'll get a free tablet version as it comes out--just request it.

Very cool products Coach and GB creators! So how many copies would we have? Would I be able to download it on multiple computers without buying duplicates?

You can dropbox it or copy it to your other computers (provided they are yours). It's just a single download per version, but you are free to copy between devices. 

Just a slight aside question, can we expect the same price for handstand one? Curious because I am thinking about buying the 4 foundation package, but I would hate to have to put off purchasing handstand one if it is over $75?

Ok I screwed up royally.

I accidentially clicked the download option in chrome and then hit cancel while it was downloading because I wanted to download it from firefox browser. Now I can't download it anymore!!

Crap. I'm so sorry.

Just a slight aside question, can we expect the same price for handstand one? Curious because I am thinking about buying the 4 foundation package, but I would hate to have to put off purchasing handstand one if it is over $75?

Coach will have to say for sure, but I believe it is $75 for Handstand One. Handstand One is phenomenal.

Joshua Slocum

What was the title of the email?

"Download Instructions for your Personalized Course Book (Order #<redacted>)"

Brian Gwaltney

Is accessing the content on an iphone too difficult? Is the desktop version better if you do not have a tablet?

All of the individual courses are $75.  

And if I do say so myself, Handstand One is a beauty!   :)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2

Michael Blythe

I just purchased the I pad version . I see the download link in my email .I'm on the road and will be away from my desktop for the next two months . I want to download right to my I pad but it is highly recommended not to. My question is can I ? I don't want to wait 2 months to get back home to my computer

And the F1 and HS1 programs will complement each other?

Yes, detailed coordinated training schedules are provided for those who are interested in training both Fundamental GST as well as HS.  However they both address completely different subjects using completely separate curriculums.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

Nice!

Can I transfer it between my other devices after I downloaded it? Or do I have to download it in the device I intend to use it in? Is it a pdf file of any kind? Still haven't got my own tablet so I'm not a tablet geek yet :P

I'm such an idiot.

I'm so sorry Coach, is there any way you could help me?

I accidently cancelled the download because I wasn't downloading from firefox (I know this wouldn't of mattered but I wasn't thinking), so now I "used up" my one download and I can't get the content.

I'm so stupid and I apologize.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out how to get it going again.

Ignore me, I'm a moron.

Edited by RatioFitness
  • Upvote 2

Yes, detailed coordinated training schedules are provided for those who are interested in training both Fundamental GST as well as HS.  However they both address completely different subjects using completely separate curriculums.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Ah, so if someone were primarily interested in equilibre, they could use HS1 as a complete standalone program from FGST1? Not saying that is a good choice, merely curious.

Ah, so if someone were primarily interested in equilibre, they could use HS1 as a complete standalone program from FGST1? Not saying that is a good choice, merely curious.

Yes.  Handstand One is a self contained course on equilibre; although all of the GB Courses are designed to be easily integrated together for those who desire to do so.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2