Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Wait Is Nearly Over

Coach Sommer

Being European, I will most likely have to wait until tomorrow (local time) before the download links are available... feels a little like Christmas Eve!

Unless a comet hits Arizona, we should be live in about an hour.

• Upvote 3

Alessandro Mainente

Being European, I will most likely have to wait until tomorrow (local time) before the download links are available... feels a little like Christmas Eve!

ha ha ha...you're right michael! i've forgotten that Italy is in Europe!

Joshua Slocum

Unless a comet hits Arizona, we should be live in about an hour.

*actives orbital comet-tracking telescope and comet-disintegrating laser system*

• Upvote 2

That would be 9:30 here in Finland, you should be able to make it tonight, Christmas Eve European style!

• Upvote 1

What perfect timing! The rope I ordered just came yesterday, right after I saw that coach includes rope climbing as one of the seven GST fundamentals. Can't wait to get started!

Matus Michalicka

:(

bought the pre-purchase one, for desktop...

I have it in my purchases, but there is no link to download :/

CORY pls help

Mathias Flækøy

Should I wait for the upcoming foundation series if i have some experience with GST and able to perform 5 sets of 60 seconds hollow hold with perfect form?

Should I wait for the upcoming foundation series if i have some experience with GST and able to perform 5 sets of 60 seconds hollow hold with perfect form?

There are other pre-reqs you will need to meet plus the additional mobility work. I would highly suggest getting it if you wish to advance further and it is a must if you want to certify or be recognized for your progress here on the forum.

Mathias Flækøy

There are other pre-reqs you will need to meet plus the additional mobility work. I would highly suggest getting it if you wish to advance further and it is a most if you want to certify or be recognized for your progress here on the forum.

Thank you for answering! Could you say something more about the certification?

Thank you for answering! Could you say something more about the certifycation?

It is likely a bit early to get into too many details here but suffice to say that there are mutliple levels of recognized proficiency. The standards are very high and there will be no short-cuts or leniency if expectations are not meant. Both the movement being tested and the mobility associated with it will have to mastered. Each of the 7 Fundamental Elements will need to be at the same level in order to be recognized as having achieved that level.

I know this does not directly answer your question regarding certification, if this is something you're serious about the first step is to purchase Foundation One.   This should NOT be undertaken lightly. It is not your average certification as they exist in the fitness industry at present.

For anyone on the fence, I just want to say on the record that halfway through the book I take back any of my doubts with full satisfaction. This accomodates people at a range of levels.

For anyone on the fence, I just want to say on the record that halfway through the book I take back any of my doubts with full satisfaction. This accomodates people at a range of levels.

I'm obviously biased, but there is nothing out there like this program. I'm so happy to see it out for the rest of the world to use!

It's from the ground up and I will be adding things to it personally (ring sets 2-3 times a week most likely), but that is not to say there isn't a lot of value here, and I'm sure that working through it will speed everything up as the next ones come. Great start.

Few questions:

1) What equipment do I need to follow this book's program?

2) I have access to the rope only 2 times a week for 10 minutes (after my other training). Is the program doable without the rope?

3) You said that the program is laid out for every week. How long does the whole Foundation 1 program lasts? (eventually whole Foundation 1-4 program)

Thank you

Few questions:

1) What equipment do I need to follow this book's program?

2) I have access to the rope only 2 times a week for 10 minutes (after my other training). Is the program doable without the rope?

3) You said that the program is laid out for every week. How long does the whole Foundation 1 program lasts? (eventually whole Foundation 1-4 program)

Thank you

1) Foundation One can be adapted to just a dumbbell, bar and a dip bar if needed. Rings are great, as are stall bars, but not required.

2) Specific rope work doesn't come until later. Initially the focus is on rope preparatory elements.

3) That varies depending on where you come in physically to it. For an absolute beginner Square 1 to finish is 18 months for Foundation One.

Man, there goes the clothes I had planned on buying before I go studying abroad. Gotta have the whole thing!   :lol:

• Upvote 1

18 months for foundation 1. Will it take 18 months for each foundation course? That is, will it take 72 months to complete all four courses? 6 years to get a front lever sounds pretty long.

Joshua Slocum

Front lever hold is not necessarily the peak of the foundation. There are further progressions. Like front lever pulls, front lever pullups, circle front levers,  etc.

18 months for foundation 1. Will it take 18 months for each foundation course? That is, will it take 72 months to complete all four courses? 6 years to get a front lever sounds pretty long.

This is a god question. Where do the Foundation courses end? I can't imagine that even if someone started on the first progressions of everything, that they should require 6 years to get a front lever, straddle planche, rope climb, ect.