Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Wait Is Nearly Over

Coach Sommer

So am I right in understanding that the the current (old) WOD forum will continue to exist and be available to everyone regardless of their involvement in the new curriculum but that only new WOD postings will be made available to those who successfully complete the Level 1 courses?  Thanks for clarifying!

Mostly correct. The WODS come now after the full Foundation series.

Will the Foundation program have different programs depending on how many days per week we are available to train? I do BJJ 4 days per week, so I can only devote 2 days per week to GST. 

There is programming for 3-, 4-, and 5- day a week schedules. You could easily scale from that if need be.

• Upvote 1

The foundation series builds just that, your foundation. It imparts the basics in skill and body conditioning to prepare you for more intense and more complex work later.

Alessandro Mainente

does the new material cover all the aspects of the seminar and vice versa?

Coach will there be a "public" part of the course to try and see if we like it before jumping on board?

If you only went by what you "liked" in strength training, you would likely end up in the majority of the population who simply entertain themselves at the gym and never actually train. The results will soon speak for themselves: our recent seminar attendees can vouch for the new programming (new success story coming up as well based on new programming), and you will see a sharp rise in the overall GST capabilities of the entire community here. :)

• Upvote 7

does the new material cover all the aspects of the seminar?

Just the FSAS and FBAS portions. Handstand One is a separate product that goes up to a two-minute freestanding HS with excellent form.

Keilani Gutierrez

Just the FSAS and FBAS portions. Handstand One is a separate product that goes up to a two-minute freestanding HS with excellent form.

more advanced volumes of Handstand will eventually move on to XR HS and Press handstand variations?

• Upvote 1

Larry Roseman

If you only went by what you "liked" in strength training, you would likely end up in the majority of the population who simply entertain themselves at the gym and never actually train. The results will soon speak for themselves: our recent seminar attendees can vouch for the new programming (new success story coming up as well based on new programming), and you will see a sharp rise in the overall GST capabilities of the entire community here. :)

Cory, it's one thing to have good results in a seminar where there is direct communication and possibilities to observe and adjust in real time, and another to have them with an online tutorial where recording yourself well enough is challenging and feedback may take a time as will doing this again and again. There is potential with the program but it's yet to be proven and asking if a representative sample will be provided (though I understand the money back guarantee) is no reason for condescension. 

I'm not looking for a handout and have purchased product here and hope to purchase more. But let's get off this high horse. I don't like to perform certain progressions out of an abundance of caution due to previous issues. That should be respected. 

• Upvote 1

There is programming for 3-, 4-, and 5- day a week schedules. You could easily scale from that if need be.

Nice. I suppose I'll just do the 3 day per week programming, with the 3rd day of the first week being the first session of the 2nd week and so forth. 

Is the "new" programming specific to a seminar attendee/fitness enthusiast or is this still the basis that Sommer uses for is competitive athletes?

But let's get off this high horse. I don't like to perform certain progressions out of an abundance of caution due to previous issues. That should be respected. 

It is not Cory's high horse; it is mine.  

He is simply implementing policies as I have directed.  If you are not happy with the product as outlined, then please do not purchase it.

Understand that you may of course perform whatever progressions you wish in your own training, that will indeed be respected.  However, unless there is an underlying physical incapacitation, there will be no exceptions granted regarding the mastery standards of the designated progressions for achieving GB Certifications or GB Forum ranking.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Coach covered it there but as I stated in the thread earlier. Injuries or other limitations will be taken into account on a case by case basis.

Larry Roseman
It is not Cory's high horse; it is mine.  

He is simply implementing policies as I have directed.  If you are not happy with the product as outlined, then please do not purchase it.

Understand that you may of course perform whatever progressions you wish in your own training, that will indeed be respected.  However, unless there is an underlying physical incapacitation, there will be no exceptions granted regarding the mastery standards of the designated progressions for achieving GB Certifications or GB Forum ranking.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Thanks Coach. At this stage I am just collecting information. The opportunity to participate in program like this is intriguing and appealing. It is perhaps the first of its kind. I've gotten a lot out of the information and support provided in the current format program - even by performing a small % of it. If that is as far as I can go so be it.  

I would not say that I am incapacitated - in a broken clavicle or torn bicep sort of way. I do have diminished capacities in that I am prone to injuries - for example forearm tendinitis and wrist bone bruising to name a few - and like to avoid certain things. Will a doctor's note be required or will you take my word for it?  I don't mind pain but I do need my hands in good working order for my job.

I don't have all apparatus like paralettes either and my ring setup precludes doing certain things out of safety concerns without ceiling clearance and cushioning. 

Anyway, this site has been a big encouragement and I am just wondering if it will continue to be. I hope that I am not going to lose interest if I am not able to participate in the new program. For example, will the feedback in forums still go on as now or will moderators be spending most of their time with the participants in the new program? I think we all realise that we are not entitled to anything and in many ways it has been a gift to receive what we have been able to thus far.

Thanks kindly,

Larry - FIN

This sounds perfect. On practical note, approximately how long would each daily work-out take if one were to follow the progressions as prescribed in the program? 

Also, is equipment addressed? Though many of us may have chin-up bars, rings, and parallettes, I would be interested in seeing if there are options for training the side lever without stall bars. 

Larry Roseman

Coach covered it there but as I stated in the thread earlier. Injuries or other limitations will be taken into account on a case by case basis.

You didn't quote me so your comment didn't stand out. 

So what time will this be available tomorrow?  Can we expect a midnight release?  :P   AM, Afternoon, Evening?  Just need to plan my day accordingly!  

Craig Mallett

Yonder: I have found that at the start of a cycle it's quite short (45 mins ish?) then by the end it can get quite long (1.5 hours?), as you are doing longer holds or more reps on each exercise, and may also need more rest between sets. It really depends on how fast you rocket through the sets.  I also insert stretch therapy stuff within my workouts, which makes them a bit longer (but is required as my mobility is really lacking).

So what time will this be available tomorrow?  Can we expect a midnight release?  :P   AM, Afternoon, Evening?  Just need to plan my day accordingly!  

By plan, you mean cancel everything right? That's what I'm doing haha. No college classes, no human interaction, no sleeping, eating, drinking. Just me, myself, and F1.

Tomorrow evening MST (-7 GMT). If all goes well, earlier; however, we want to prevent as much launch craziness as possible.

David Birchall

I am sooo excited!  It'll be around mid morning here in the UK I guess :D

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) we want to prevent as much launch craziness as possible.

Not looking too good on that one Cory :D

• Upvote 1

Tomorrow evening MST (-7 GMT). If all goes well, earlier; however, we want to prevent as much launch craziness as possible.

One more Thurs WoD before getting my teeth into that then. Cool.

You didn't quote me so your comment didn't stand out. 

The comment was to another member. There are so many questions and a lot of information going around. It helps us out if people could skim the thread to see if their question has perhaps been answered previously.

(comment directed at everyone, not singling you out here)