Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Wait Is Nearly Over

Coach Sommer

Indeep Jawanda

Is material from Kit's Stretch Therapy included in here as well?....How to achieve Straddle Splits, Pike Etc..

There is no overlap between the integrated mobility elements and ST. All curriculum contents have been very carefully kept separate so that they are complementary, not competitive products.

The ST materials will cover very specific areas of emphasis which are overlooked or under trained in traditional GST.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Craig Mallett

Aiken,

Coach already mentioned that you will be using this material to train towards the seven foundation elements.  Some are static elements, some are moving elements:

Static:

Front Lever

Side Lever

Planche

Manna

Moving:

Rope Climb

Hollowback Press (formerly Bower)

Single Leg Squat

Keilani Gutierrez

Aiken,

Coach already mentioned that you will be using this material to train towards the seven foundation elements.  Some are static elements, some are moving elements:

Static:

Front Lever

Side Lever

Planche

Manna

Moving:

Rope Climb

Hollowback Press (formerly Bower)

Single Leg Squat

what about Back Lever? Straddle L? CPPr? CPPu? Muscle ups?

what about Back Lever? Straddle L? CPPr? CPPu? Muscle ups?

Some of these elements from the book are progressions on the Foundations spectrum; others will require you master the seven elements before you tackle them. All will be clear with time.

Keilani Gutierrez

Some of these elements from the book are progressions on the Foundations spectrum; others will require you master the seven elements before you tackle them. All will be clear with time.

excellent, thank you Cory :)

Coach,

first I want to thank you for sharing your knowledge on GST. I train both myself and my students under your program with no less than excellent results. Secondly, Im sorry to bother you with this but I can´t perform a manna, does that mean that I´m not an intermediate student? I can do an Iron Cross and Straddle PL but not a manna

Greeting

Joshua Chan

Coach,

first I want to thank you for sharing your knowledge on GST. I train both myself and my students under your program with no less than excellent results. Secondly, Im sorry to bother you with this but I can´t perform a manna, does that mean that I´m not an intermediate student? I can do an Iron Cross and Straddle PL but not a manna

Greeting

Joshua Chan

It simply means that you are not as well rounded as you should be. Manna is more an indication of mobility and flexibility. One thing that Coach has expressed time and time again is that neglecting one aspect of an athlete's training significantly impedes progress later. This is why the mastery of mobility and strength go together. For many, mobility will be the limiting factor. Those who check their ego and work to catch it up will advance further and without injury.

Mastery of a specific element also means meeting a given repetition and set scheme: things you can already do may or may not even be developed enough to meet mastery standards.

The courses are about excellence in GST rather than sloppily rushing through random progressions to be able to do a piss-poor handstand or strength element. For many, this will be a departure from the way the fitness industry works and thinks. But it means becoming GB certified or max level will be a genuine accomplishment.

• Upvote 9

I'm sure that with the realease of the upcoming volumes I'll realize what I'm still missing to achieve the manna. I can fairly say that I master all the other FSP but you are righ Cory, I have not given the same importance to my mobility and flexibilitynas I have to my strength.

Thanks for the reply

Chan

Since i'm not a native, let me get this straight. ;)  There are seven GST elements and four Foundations will be released in order.

Each Foundations contains the same GST but Foundation one is for very beginner and two, three, four will contain more advanced progressions? 

Yes.

But keep in mind that a beginner doesn't mean someone who has never trained, it means the first steps of the progression towards achieving the fundamental elements, a beginner in the gymnastic sense. As Coach mentioned, most people will find holes even at the 'beginner' level.

Great ! Can't wait for the new products (I am almost a complete beginner so I guess that they will be really useful)

One question : for "foundation one" what are the training equipment essentials ?

Can you work everything with a pair of XR Rings, a rope  and a set of homemade parallettes ?

( I can't install anything else in my appartment or I will get kicked out by the owner :facepalm: )

Very off topic but is spelling through as "thru" an American spelling?

I've seem Coach use it before but I assumed it was for brevity but its on the cover of Handstand I. Just genuinely curious.

Great news, no more excuses, just hard work. We cant wait til tomorrow.
Any special bonuses for counting at night till morning ?  ;)  Just kidding, thank you coach !

Will the Foundation program have different programs depending on how many days per week we are available to train? I do BJJ 4 days per week, so I can only devote 2 days per week to GST. 

Larry Roseman

Coach will there be a "public" part of the course to try and see if we like it before jumping on board?

Also I'm wondering if you were able to get a large % of photos and videos using adults to demonstrate the moves? 

If someone has an injury and/or concern about performing certain moves and do not wish to progress in those, 

have you decided that you will give some kind of rating for the other work and allow the person to progress in the

areas that they choose to work on? 

Kamali Downey

Coach,

Thanks so much for the update.....

can you or Cory provide any indication of cost for Foundation 1? and cost for total package(s)?

Michael Soueid

Sounds fantastic and comes at the right time for me :-). Have to look for a new training facility now, no chance for any rope climbs at my 24h gym :/

- Yes, the Foundation programming will completely replace the GB WODs as the primary programming for beginning GB students.  

- The GB WODs will then become a training tool for intermediate students only and will no longer be available in the general forum.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer        

Will access to the WOD back-logs still exist or will the WOD forum as we currently know it be completely removed?  It will be quite unfortunate if the forum is no longer available, as it is an amazing training resource that many of us have undoubtedly greatly benefitted from.

Joshua Slocum

Very off topic but is spelling through as "thru" an American spelling?

I've seem Coach use it before but I assumed it was for brevity but its on the cover of Handstand I. Just genuinely curious.

It is a shortening. The spelling you would find in American dictionaries is "through". 

Will access to the WOD back-logs still exist or will the WOD forum as we currently know it be completely removed?  It will be quite unfortunate if the forum is no longer available, as it is an amazing training resource that many of us have undoubtedly greatly benefitted from.

We will continue the WODS for a couple weeks. Beyond that, the forum will continue to be available for those who wish to make use of the years of postings.

Michael Traynor

This is absolutely fantastic news! Thanks so much to Coach S and the entire GB Team, developers and mods. Look forward to being involved more as things develop (i've just been silently training away on the WODs for a while now and miss the banter).

• Upvote 1

We will continue the WODS for a couple weeks. Beyond that, the forum will continue to be available for those who wish to make use of the years of postings.

So am I right in understanding that the the current (old) WOD forum will continue to exist and be available to everyone regardless of their involvement in the new curriculum but that only new WOD postings will be made available to those who successfully complete the Level 1 courses?  Thanks for clarifying!