Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Wait Is Nearly Over

Coach Sommer

Michal Taszycki

I love how there is only two days till release, and everyone just can't wait!

Coach has just been generous to us making this announcement now and not 1 month ago so we won't experience ego depletion before actual workout ;)

This is really great news.

• Upvote 1

So, I'm a bit confused about this 4 tier foundation series. Does this mean that foundation one does not contain all of the elements necessary for the full 7 GST positions? So, foundation one will go up to a certain point in the progressions, but it will not take the person to the full front lever or full side lever etc.? Hence, we will need all four foundation courses, where the final positions will be achieved in the fourth foundation? If so, i just hope it isn't so expensive for each foundation course. Since there are 4 foundation for GST, not including handstand foundations. But, nonetheless, can't wait :)

"... Foundation One will go up to a certain point in the progressions, but it will not take the person to the full front lever or full side lever etc.? Hence, we will need all four foundation courses ..."

That is correct.  

The courses are carefully broken down to allow you to break the training into more easily managable goals along with also allowing the option of purchasing each new course as needed or all four may be purchased at the same time.   As mentioned previously, the courses are quite information dense.  Foundation One alone has 82 embedded videos and over 240 photos.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 4

The one thing I would like to ask at the moment is if there will ever be a hardcopy release or if it will remain digital only. There's just something satisfying about holding a book in my hands. If this won't happen, that's fine too.

• Upvote 1

Michael Miskelly

Do these courses make up BTGB 2 then when we get them all or is this separate to a book release?

Also are the WOD's now going to be locked on the forum or is it at the users own discretion wether or not to use them? I have been following them for a couple of years now so I'm curious as to what direction my training will go now.

Thanks

Mic

- Embedded videos are provided for each exercise and mobility element in Foundation One (82 in all!)

- These embedded videos are further supported by over 240 instructional photos.

Oh dear, sounds pricey... still excited though. Appreciate all the effort that has gone into this. The long wait is almost over. How far does Handstand 1 cover? Up to a solid freestanding HS? Are there going to be more in the series??

Are the 4 courses going to cover all of liquid steel™, or will there be more volumes targeting mobility work specifically? 

Can't wait until all of this comes out   :)

That is correct.  

The courses are carefully broken down to allow you to break the training into more easily managable goals along with also allowing the option of purchasing each new course as needed or all four may be purchased at the same time.   As mentioned previously, the courses are quite information dense.  Foundation One alone has 82 embedded videos and over 240 photos.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Is this first release basic-basics only then? From day 1 for raw beginners? Is there going to be much material eg. programming mobility etc for those who might be a couple steps along, and will the content be clearly indicated on the product page?

• Upvote 1

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

It reminds me Asimov's novels.

I'll wait patiently.

The word "thanks" it's not much for all you bring to us, but it's the only one that I can use right know.

• Upvote 3

Timothy Aiken

I will thank you with my purchase :D This is exactly what I am looking for right now, can't wait to start on the 17th once Swim team is over! Gonna be hard to wait, but at least I will absorb the knowledge before jumping right into it.

Everyone who wishes to either be GB Certified, achieve a GB Forum ranking or attend a GB Seminar will start from square one. Officially there are no exceptions to this policy; however you are free to make whatever mistakes you would like in the privacy of your own training. :(

There are fast track options in place for those who would like to test and move on rather than going thru a training cycle for a particular element; however mastery is still required to be demonstrated. Although in my experience most people are not nearly as far along in their training as they think they are.

Remember also that all Integrated Mobility elements must be mastered and passed as well.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 10

James Portillo

This is awesome; although I won't be able to consolidate my efforts and training with Foundation One for an extended period of time (as I ship out to USMC bootcamp mid-March), nonetheless I will try to buy this as soon as possible and incorporate it for the 5-6 weeks I have left.

Thank you Coach Sommer. Since the days of me discovering your dragondoor article on hanging leg raises, I would've never expected the positive influence your teachings would have on my life.

• Upvote 2

Everyone who wishes to either be GB Certified, achieve a GB Forum ranking or attend a GB Seminar will start from square one. Officially there are no exceptions to this policy; however you are free to make whatever mistakes you would like in the privacy of your own training. :(

There are fast track options in place for those who would like to test and move on rather than going thru a training cycle for a particular element; however mastery is still required to be demonstrated. Although in my experience most people are not nearly as far along in their training as they think they are.

Remember also that all Integrated Mobility elements must be mastered and passed as well.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

That's fair. I have complete faith in the material you produce and if I'm stepping back a little I have literally zero doubt that it's to get a running start.

It's not like I WASN'T going to buy it as soon as released ^_^ thanks again for getting back on my questions.

Kim Jongseong

Since i'm not a native, let me get this straight. ;)  There are seven GST elements and four Foundations will be released in order.

Each Foundations contains the same GST but Foundation one is for very beginner and two, three, four will contain more advanced progressions? 

Is this first release basic-basics only then? From day 1 for raw beginners? Is there going to be much material eg. programming mobility etc for those who might be a couple steps along, and will the content be clearly indicated on the product page?

Even if it was, it will still have mobility etc. you might not know. Also, all other parts come out later in Februray.

Joshua Slocum

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I'm looking forward to the mobility elements especially. I imagine I'm going to find many a hole in my foundation due to its ad-hoc nature :facepalm: