Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Wait Is Nearly Over

Coach Sommer

This coming Thursday (1/31/13) will see the release of the new GB course; Foundation One.

All too often in the past, new GB students have been overwhelmed, sometimes feeling as though they are drowning in a sea of riches when first encountering BtGB and the GB Forum.  They love GST, but require significant additional guidance on how to begin their GST journey or have been frustrated by a lack of progress when they prematurely attempt intermediate and advanced GST prior to their having a solid "foundation" of the GST Fundamentals.

The Foundation Courses have been created to directly address these issues.  These courses focus exclusively on the development of the seven Gymnastic Strength Training™ (GST) fundamentals AND the necessary mobility requirements that go hand in hand with them; front lever, straddle planche, side lever, manna, single leg squat, hollowback press handstand and rope climb.  

Altogether there are four courses in the Foundation series; all of which are extremely rich in instructional information.  

The basic course structure is as follows:

- Each of the seven GST Fundamentals are developed thru following an exact progression; rep by rep, set by set, exercise by exercise.

- Months upon months of complete detailed programming is provided.  If you can read, you can be successfully follow and implement the GB Foundation courses.  

- Integrated Mobility exercises are provided for each and every step along the way throughout all of the Foundation Courses.   Never again will a lack of mobility be responsible for poor gains in GST.

- Embedded videos are provided for each exercise and mobility element in Foundation One (82 in all!)

- These embedded videos are further supported by over 240 instructional photos.

- All of the videos and photos are of real GB students whose strength and physiques have been developed using the GB protocols being demonstrated.  No drawings.  No fitness models.  No unproven theories.

- Be aware that this course is based on progressing through a series of clear, quantifiable levels of Mastery for each GST Fundamental; no shortcuts, no pie in the sky promises.  If you are not willing to engage in disciplined, focused hard work, then Foundation One is not for you.

Additional information:

- The opportunity to apply for GB Foundation Level One Certification will be available for those who successfully master the Foundation One materials.

- These are digital products.  Updates will be provided free of charge.

- As always, the courses come with a 100% Money Back Guarantee.

In late February; Foundation Two, Foundation Three and Foundation Four will also be released.  

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

P.S.  In just a few short weeks after Foundation One becomes available, I will also be releasing Handstand One.    

2013 is going to be a very cool year.   :icon_cool:

• Upvote 41

I'm excited. No more wasting time on trial and error.

Coach, does your announcement imply that Handstand, Ring Strength and Movement/Dynamic 1-4 can be expected in the future?

Also, will this programming replace the WoDs, or will the progressions simply be slotted in appropriately?

Joshua Beeston

Most incredible news! Just wondering if there is a ballpark estimate on how much I will be spending for all of that material?

Joshua Slocum

Will any of the forthcoming volumes focused on rings strength, or are they all focused on foundational and preparatory work?

• Upvote 1

Michaël Van den Berg

Great news! I've been out of the Gymnastic Bodies loop since 2010 and this couldn't have come at a better time. I look forward to immersing myself in the new program. Thank you!

... will this programming replace the WoDs, or will the progressions simply be slotted in appropriately?     

- Yes, the Foundation programming will completely replace the GB WODs as the primary programming for beginning GB students.  

- The GB WODs will then become a training tool for intermediate students only and will no longer be available in the general forum.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer        
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I imagine that the exercise on a given day in that programming is then scaled to individual ability according to strict progression criteria (as we're all used to), until basic strength is such that training priorities are optimised for long-term progress. Which also neatly answers my next concern about not yet being 'intermediate', nor a totally blank-slate beginner.

I'm thoroughly excited.

... will this programming replace the WoDs, or will the progressions simply be slotted in appropriately?

- Yes, the Foundation programming will completely replace the GB WODs as the primary programming for beginning GB students.  

- The GB WODs will then become a training tool for intermediate students only and will no longer be available in the general forum.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer             

Quick Start Test Smith

Brilliant idea and organization of the products, and I think it is an excellent idea to release these digitally. I'm so happy to avoid the wait due to shipping and handling.

It's hard to believe that this is actually happening actually...  :mellow:  Thank you so much, Coach ! It's a real privilege to have access to you and your crew's expertise, time, and effort like this.

... What is an 'intermediate student'? ...

Essentially an intermediate is someone who is capable of performing the seven GST Fundamentals for the designated reps and sets; e.g. hollowback press handstand and rope climb.

The progress of the GB Seminar students who have previously been exposed to these requirements has been exceptional, however the information disseminated there has not be available on a wide scale outside of the seminars.  Until now.  The Foundation Courses will go a long way towards resolving this.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

And these Foundations are stand-alone materials or is BtGB needed (exercise progressions for routines)? Or will these new materials cover everything, that is needed (including parts of BtGB)?

Quick Start Test Smith

And these Foundations are stand-alone materials or is BtGB needed (exercise progressions for routines)? Or will these new materials cover everything, that is needed (including parts of BtGB)?

I'm getting pretty sure it's a stand-alone package, Marty. 

• Upvote 1

It's a completely stand alone product. It will start from the first steps, lay out exactly what exercises to do and even how many times to workout each week, how much warm up to do, and how many sets and reps to do each workout. 

After building to the 'Mastery' level you will start the next exercise in the progression.

There are videos and photos as well as a brief description of key points.

The mobility alone is worth getting this for and the mobility elements are spelled out in exactly the same way.

• Upvote 8

Just to whet your appetites a little further, here are the covers of Foundation One and Handstand One

post-3819-0-52600800-1359494854_thumb.jp

post-1-0-15530400-1359495213_thumb.png

• Upvote 9