Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trazition from maltese (swallow) to inverted cross

Gregor

If I will be ok till Friday, I will go to the world cup held in Glasgow. Today I've had easy spott strength training for injury review: no pain at low and medium resistance, litlle discomfort at swings (low, we didn't try high swings), but no pain at it.

I hope I'll be ok till Friday.

Coach Sommer
If I will be ok till Friday, I will go to the world cup held in Glasgow.

Heal quickly, my friend :!:

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Today I made giants, dismounts and jonnasons and no pain so far. Tommorow will be a D-DAY, where we'll try to do competitive routine and then we will decide.

I've done first and second half of routine without of pain. I'm going to Glassgow :D

Because of this injury I won't do the new routine but old one.

PS: I've lost a litlle feeling in strength moves and stamina in this week.

Ricky Dawson

Hi Gregor,

been following this post with interest...

Good luck for Glasgow :D

What is the date of the competition?

We usually have it on the BBC in the UK, i will make sure to look out for you.

Ricky

Coach Sommer

Congratulations, Gregor!

Is this your first trip to a World Cup? Regardless, enjoy it my friend. You have certainly earned this. Best of luck in the upcoming competition.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks Coach!

No, it's a second time. First was last year in Moscow.

Jason Stein

Gregor,

I've been following your training --- it's very inspiring to me! Best of luck!

best,

jason

@jasonmstein: thanks :)

Incredible drop of strerngth :roll: :roll: I didn't find any particular reason,...ok I had injury, but drop of strength shouldn't be so magnificent :cry:

I will take some easy trainings till friday to get sme rest, and then D-day.

I was 12th. I didn't catch the finales (three tenses to finales). a litlle bit disappointed, ok I was injured, so week or two to early for competition.

Coach Sommer

Gregor,

Even though you didn't make finals, it is still a great accomplishment to have competed at a World Cup event.

Have you noticed that injuries have a tendency to arise mostly when peaking for competition? Perhaps a longer taper prior to competition next time will help prevent future. I noticed the same thing with many of the competitors for this year's US Jr National Championships. Many of the athletes had trained with so much effort in the last 1-3 weeks prior to the competition (I refer to this as "Too much, too little, too late"; trying to accomplish too much, in too little time, too late in the training cycle!), that by the time the competition arrived, their bodies broke down.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mats Trane

That is a very interesting repy Coach!

What are your thoughts about cutting down on training before compertitions to be able to hit the competition at peak?

for example: how long before competition do you cut down on strenght training?

I guess it is very individual but what are your recomendations?

Coach Sommer

Excellent question. The simple answer to your question is that I never cut down on strength training (nor do I increase it arbitrarily); Allan followed, as much as possible given equipment and scheduling constraints, his regular conditioning schedule during the recent Jr National Championships.

With that being said, it is also important to note that I do not believe in high intensity, training unto death either. But I will concede that my idea of regular conditioning may be considered extreme for most people 8), and it is essential to understand that my athletes' conditioning is the result of years of slowly increasing their work capacity and physical preparation through carefully designed progressions.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Gregor,

Even though you didn't make finals, it is still a great accomplishment to have competed at a World Cup event.

Have you noticed that injuries have a tendency to arise mostly when peaking for competition? Perhaps a longer taper prior to competition next time will help prevent future. I noticed the same thing with many of the competitors for this year's US Jr National Championships. Many of the athletes had trained with so much effort in the last 1-3 weeks prior to the competition (I refer to this as "Too much, too little, too late"; trying to accomplish too much, in too little time, too late in the training cycle!), that by the time the competition arrived, their bodies broke down.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

hmm not realy, It was normal training period. I trained many times as this before, and never had any problems.

I think the problem was to long preparation for competitions. I started January and I'm still doing competition cycle.

I don't know....

That is a very interesting repy Coach!

What are your thoughts about cutting down on training before compertitions to be able to hit the competition at peak?

I guess it is very individual but what are your recomendations?

At last week, I'm actualy cutting down on strength and last to days prior to the competition easier training.

Yes it's me.

Not as clean as it could be, and not to high start score (due to injury,...).

Back roll to swallow is going great (F) and maybe it will be in my routine for Slovenian Cup (6,3 start score-routine first thought for Glasgow, but injury stopped me).

Now, till September I must add another "end position"-inverted cross, because I already have 2 crosses and 2 malteses.

Thoughts:

1.back roll to swallow - F

2.slowlely to back hang (lever) and uprise to swallow - F (now much better then in video I posted)

3.nakayama D

4.from nakayama uprise to inverted cross D (straight E version will follow maybe at the end of the year).

5.giant swing forward from inverted C

6.jonnason D

7.back swing to inverted cross or homna to cross D

8.kip to L-seat B

9.Giant swing backward C

10.double straight 360° D

2xF=1.2;

5xD=2.0;

2xC=0.6;

1xB=0.2;

Group requirements=2.5

execution score= 4+2.5=6,5 points

This is my goal till end of september and nothing is certain. With this I can be more competitive/rival to others ofcourse if my deduction won't be high.

• 5 weeks later...

Change of plans, I'm not going to competition in London. Instead of that, I'm going to Mediteranian Games :mrgreen:

As you may noticed I'm not spending alot of time on this great forum recently due to too little time (trainings and preparations for competitions for myself and my kids). :roll:

Today was the last training before leaving to Italian Pescara. Routine was much better then previous two weeks and dismount and strength was good. I had troubles with dismounts where I lost myself in the air and strength was not on the level. I was relieved :roll: :mrgreen:

Competition on rings will be heavly:Irodotus (Ciprus), Sami Al Said, Rdoriguez( both France), Coppolina, Morandi, Angelioti (all from Italia),...and couple more.

• Coach Sommer unpinned this topic