I will be first substitute at the world cup in Maribor

Excellent job, Gregor. Almost there.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks Coach!

Here are my latest vids:

Not strong ("enough") yet, but someday I will :mrgreen:

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=X15 ... qLCA%3D%3D

Here I didn't push my chest in after second rise (reason for lower legs)

Here I have more problems then I expected :evil:

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=X15 ... WAEg%3D%3D}}

Azarian is not that good here, but all thoughts was in to straight push to inverted

aaaaa still alot of work to do :roll:

I should filmed first attempt of cross straight press to inverted, it was way better.

first,congrats for all your videos,they're amazing especially to a beginner like me...

I have a question,you seem to do isolation work for arms...why?i thought compound exercices were sufficient,what does it brings you that other exercices don't?

that's it,thanks

first,congrats for all your videos,they're amazing especially to a beginner like me...

I have a question,you seem to do isolation work for arms...why?i thought compound exercices were sufficient,what does it brings you that other exercices don't?

that's it,thanks

because at the end of routine my biceps are (were) to tired. And I want to strengthen them, so I wouldn't have any problem with biceps tiredness.

You don't need to do that.

matthew.percussion

Hey Gregor!

I'm not sure why I feel so inclined to say it here, but I just got my cross on tuesday of last week.

Not quite down to horizontal arms, but very very close, I can pull out of it with a light spot from my coach too.

=]

By the way, I really like your videos. They give me a goal to someday reach.

Hey Gregor!

I'm not sure why I feel so inclined to say it here, but I just got my cross on tuesday of last week.

Not quite down to horizontal arms, but very very close, I can pull out of it with a light spot from my coach too.

=]

By the way, I really like your videos. They give me a goal to someday reach.

Congrats! Post a video, we want to see it :P

Thanks.

ok thanks gregor!

I know i don't need to do that but i thought it could be related to your pain free elbows,but it seems i was wrong!

Today my grips snaped at the dismount infront of the journalists :lol: (we had in our gym minister for "school and sport", for new gym).

Coach Sommer

Gregor,

Rotten timing for the grip to snap at that particular moment with the minister present. Did you take a bad landing from the grip breaking?

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

no I landed on my back and other hand was with bruise from holding the rings with one hand.

Then I just switched my grips for new (one time used,...) so I couldn't do anything else then strength moves.

Gregor,

Thanks for posting your various training videos it is very inspiring!

That news video was wicked with your ring pulley system. I agree with Razz...I would like to develop your physique at some point. :) And the tumble at the end was awesome!

Reagrds.

Gregor,

Thanks for posting your various training videos it is very inspiring!

That news video was wicked with your ring pulley system. I agree with Razz...I would like to develop your physique at some point. :) And the tumble at the end was awesome!

Reagrds.

Nobody saw how bad gym is???? hahahahaha

The last tumbler was sixth at the last world cup (he fell at the dismount).

Nobody saw how bad gym is???? hahahahaha

The last tumbler was sixth at the last world cup (he fell at the dismount).

Haha...I mean well it's not state of the art but I'm sure that due to its size it has a nice friendly atmosphere and communication is good. :) Actually from a video I saw on youtube, it looks fairly similar to Van Gelders gym but you can't see all of it.

Shame about the tumblers dismount..still impressive though.

All the best.

,no this is THE WORST GYM in the Europe for elites!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't have hard landing for rings, high bar, you can't train both at the same time (to close together), no flor, 10 meters to short running area for vault, no construction for rings, at winter is sometimes below 10 degres, not water proff :lol: showers with spiders,....

So not quite good as gelder's gym :mrgreen:

BUT ATMOSPHERE IS GOOD :D

Alvaro Antolinez

I cant say a thing about the gymnastic space as our gym is a normal one with very old rope, rings, and that (for firefighters training) but I really liked the dumbells!!!! Clasic ball dumbells!!! :D:D only saw them in old pictures, are they usual there?

i notice how bad the gym is haha.. better than where i train but im not elite so that could explain something. A gym for world class gymnasts should be better than that!

Coach Sommer

There is no question that training would be more convenient for Gregor if his gym were more up todate. However, after a minimal basic standard is met, in the grand scheme of things, the quality of both the coaching and the athletes being training (both physically and attitudinally) is of far more importance than the quality of the facility. In the case of Gregor's gym, the quality of both coaches and athletes is very high. The parallel bar routine performed by Gregors team mate Mitja is truly outstanding; Perfect Routine. And this spectacular routine was achieved despite the simplicity of his gym.

The list of champions who have been produced in gyms/facilities that would be considered substandard is long indeed. The great Chinese Olympic Champion Li Ning swang on a ring tower that I was afraid would fall over. Vanessa Ferrari's gym in Italy, prior to her becoming World Champ, was a refurbished swimming pool. In contrast, the United States has many of the best equipped gymns in the world; complete with every training bell and whistle imaginable. Yet most of these exquisite facilities fail to produce any gymnastics worthy of note.

There is no substitute for genius. Couple that with a capacity for hard work and the end results can be truly extraordinary.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

totaly agree, but still it's nice to have a gym with more then 10°C at winter :mrgreen:

The worst things are flor (we have just tumbling) and vault with only 16 meteres of running track.

There is no question that training would be more convenient for Gregor if his gym were more up todate. However, after a minimal basic standard is met, in the grand scheme of things, the quality of both the coaching and the athletes being training (both physically and attitudinally) is of far more importance than the quality of the facility. In the case of Gregor's gym, the quality of both coaches and athletes is very high. The parallel bar routine performed by Gregors team mate Mitja is truly outstanding; Perfect Routine. And this spectacular routine was achieved despite the simplicity of his gym.

The list of champions who have been produced in gyms/facilities that would be considered substandard is long indeed. The great Chinese Olympic Champion Li Ning swang on a ring tower that I was afraid would fall over. Vanessa Ferrari's gym in Italy, prior to her becoming World Champ, was a refurbished swimming pool. In contrast, the United States has many of the best equipped gymns in the world; complete with every training bell and whistle imaginable. Yet most of these exquisite facilities fail to produce any gymnastics worthy of note.

There is no substitute for genius. Couple that with a capacity for hard work and the end results can be truly extraordinary.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Wow, Vanessa Ferrari trained in a swimming pool? :shock: that's a weird gym!

That video was cool Gregor. The swallow to planche was awesome! The other day I tried laying on my back and holding dumbells in a swallow position and pressing it to planche It was pretty hard, it must feel great to be able to do that with your own body weight on rings.

For the first time feels great one or two days, till you see a video :lol: Then you must correct it and make it even better :wink:

PS:F+F are now better then on a video wich was posted a weeks ago.

Pectoralis injury, I hope it's just a small one and I will be ok in a few days...It hurts even if I rise my hands (probably muscle laceration).

I will rise my omega 3 fats for a few days, massage with cream and tommorow will be a savna day.

• Coach Sommer unpinned this topic