Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ring Workout

Jeff Walker

Stefan Hinote

I want to incorporate this in my training too, what do you do during the 10 minutes besides holding a handstand? Does 10 minutes include rest time?

I want to incorporate this in my training too, what do you do during the 10 minutes besides holding a handstand? Does 10 minutes include rest time?

Spend ten minutes doing HS work. Ten minutes includes rest time.

So I changed my workout to focus on the 4 main moves + Dips/Curls.  Below is my updated workout.  This taked about an hour.

HOLDS
1) handstands
2) L-Sits
3) FL
4) BL
5) Planche tucked

EXERCISES
1) Vert press:   HSPUs on parallettes supersetted with Ring Shoulder stand (Attempt to press/Balance)
2) Vert pull:      Weighted Ring L-Pullups supersetted with no weight Wide Pullups on Bar
3) Hor push:     Tucked Plance pushups supersetted with Weighted RTO Pushups
4) Hor pull:       Tuck FL Pullup (Rows) supersetted with Tucked Inverted Rows (body more inverted)
5) Elbow Ext:    Weighted dips suprsetted with Wide Dips
6) Elbow Flex:   Inverted Curls (As best as I could do) supersetted with BW curls. 

I might superset Pistols and GHR somehwere n there to make it a full body routine

How often should I do this?  Every Other Day or 2 Days rest between?  

Joshua Slocum

So I changed my workout to focus on the 4 main moves + Dips/Curls.  Below is my updated workout.  This taked about an hour.

HOLDS

1) handstands

2) L-Sits

3) FL

4) BL

5) Planche tucked

EXERCISES

1) Vert press:   HSPUs on parallettes supersetted with Ring Shoulder stand (Attempt to press/Balance)

2) Vert pull:      Weighted Ring L-Pullups supersetted with no weight Wide Pullups on Bar

3) Hor push:     Tucked Plance pushups supersetted with Weighted RTO Pushups

4) Hor pull:       Tuck FL Pullup (Rows) supersetted with Tucked Inverted Rows (body more inverted)

5) Elbow Ext:    Weighted dips suprsetted with Wide Dips

6) Elbow Flex:   Inverted Curls (As best as I could do) supersetted with BW curls. 

I might superset Pistols and GHR somehwere n there to make it a full body routine

How often should I do this?  Every Other Day or 2 Days rest between?  

Nice routine. How often to work out is entirely dependent on how quickly you recover. If you're still sore from the previous session after only one day's rest, you should probably rest another day. You might also find that, even though you're generally capable of workout out every other day, you occasionally need an extra day's rest because of fatigue/soreness buildup.

Dont get me wrong the workout is exhausting but I have a desk job, I eat well and I feel like I can workout every day. I am typically never sore and I push hard in these workouts.

I could make this a Full Body and do every other day but honestly I don't want to sleep in every other day -  Its really hard to take a day off. 

OR I could do this as an Upper/Lower Split.  The workout above is Upper and then I can do Legs Squat/Deads and Pistols/GHRs.   Im also wondering if its ok to do a little supplemental Biceps work and maybe upper chest on Legs Day?  I feel like those areas dont get hit very hard. 

Joshua Slocum

Dont get me wrong the workout is exhausting but I have a desk job, I eat well and I feel like I can workout every day. I am typically never sore and I push hard in these workouts.

For most people, not having any soreness the next day is a sign that more intensity or volume is needed. I don't know you or your body, so I can't tell you what you need to change, if anything. Though I think it would be worthwhile for you to consider increasing the intensity. I know that if my upper-body workout was so easy I could do it every day, I would look at making it significantly harder. 

I could make this a Full Body and do every other day but honestly I don't want to sleep in every other day -  Its really hard to take a day off. 

Well it's important is that individual muscles be given time to repair themselves. There's nothing wrong with doing an upper/lower split, working the upper one day and the lower another day. There's really no point in doing additional bicep and chest work on your leg day. That's just going to result in over-training. If you work them out on both upper and lower body days, you'll keep damaging the muscles without giving them time to recover. Remember, working out doesn't make you stronger. What makes you stronger is when you damage your muscles through working out, and then give them the time they need to rebuild themselves. If your muscles are not sufficiently challenged by a workout, there will be no supercompensatory response, and they won't grow back stronger. If you work out before your muscles have a chance to become stronger than they were during your last workout, you've effectively wasted the first workout.