Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After Achieving A Full Back Lever

Aleš Vivod

Aleš Vivod

Hi everybody.. I achieved a full lay backlever, I have even been practising it so much that I can do in my fsp 5x12 s . What should I do now? Weighted back lever? Or should I continiue to practice it in my regural Fsp?

Aleš Vivod

you mean from a back lever into a inverted dead hang? I have already been doing that for about 3 months now.. But ok, I will leave this exercise in my FBE training program.. but should I delete my back levers in my FSPs? and only do them when I do back puls and other more dynamic exercises?

David McManamon

Review the gymnastic bodies videos.  Back pulls were mentioned already, can you complete a few rounds of 360 degree pulls on the rings?  If not it may be time to focus more on the front lever.  Back pulls are great starting from german hang or full back lever, combine them with static holds.  Added weight is a great way to get stronger too as you mention if you have a weight vest or maybe ankle weights.  Also review your form in back lever.  

Joshua Slocum

It depends entirely on what you want to do. You could:

- start adding weight

- get back pull from German hang

- work towards a one-arm back lever

- focus on other static holds, just doing maintenance work on your back lever.

- back lever pullups

Aleš Vivod

For the 360 Pulls .. my front lever is a lot weaker.. (on rings my max hold is around 4-5sec max. on a good day..). So I will leave this out for now or till I can hold the front lever in every round of the 360 pull for at least 2 seconds.. My elbows feel great actually :D Never had elbow pain before, I only get sometimes wrist pain on my left hand (probably because of the planches). 
So.. I think that in the next sycle I will move back levers out from the fsp and only do once a week weighted back levers (with ankle weights) and one a week back lever pulls. 

Once I hit full lay for 15 seconds I dropped back levers from my regular warmup. I do the back pulls in pull days where appropriate, unweighted in ring strength days, and weight my embedded static days down to a 15 second max hold.

My back lever keeps on getting stronger. I recommend this personally, at least if you are following the WoD cycle.

Edit;

Obviously this very much depends on your goals.

Aleš Vivod

rHsdzFShAoY

For everyone who wants to see my form.. I am sorry I couldn't film myself from the side, I will try to do that next time.. Oh and sorry for not pointing my thoes (I forgot..). Btw It was the first time I tried to do back lever pulls with 2.3 kg + ankle weights.. It is quite harder than normal ones :D

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

after watching your videos, the first thing that you must work on, is to perform a back lever with a suppinated grip.

From the beginning , back levers must be performed in this way.

I'm sorry for saying this, but you have been working in the wrong way..

• Upvote 1

Aleš Vivod

oh I see now, I never noticed this before.. I just tried my backlever with the "right way" grip and It is actually a bit harder.. The pressure on my elbows is much stronger.. But I managed to hold a back lever for about 10-14 sec.. Looks like I will add the right form of my backlevers back to my Fsps.. 6x10 sec probabbly :/